It seems that there is a portion of the fan base that still doesn’t think that Daniel Murphy is the second baseman of the future for the New York Mets. Maybe it’s because it looks as if Murphy is an extra outfielder at times, based on where he positions himself (short right field), but I can assure you he does play second base. And yes Mets fans, he has done enough in 2012 to be […]
Unless the Wilpons hit the Powerball jackpot in the next couple of months, the Mets are not likely to sign any big name free-agents, a la Josh Hamilton, to play centerfield. Barring any off-season trades (I don’t see anything significant occurring), Kirk Nieuwenhuis will be the Mets opening day centerfielder. Beam me up, Sandy. Captain Kirk is heading back to Queens. The question is whether or not Kirk can handle the everyday duties of being […]
I am reminded of that Christmas song…”it’s the most wonderful time of the year.” It doesn’t get any better than playoff time. I’m bummed that the Mets aren’t playing significant baseball again this fall, but I guess it does give us an opportunity to sit back and enjoy these games and celebrate this great game of baseball, without the stress of having our team’s fate on the line. Anyway, here are a few things to […]
The four things the Mets have to do this off-season to keep the Moneyball project going strong according to the movies… 1. Hire Jonah Hill immediately to assist Sandy Alderson in the front office. 2. Trade Ike Davis. Find a guy with nerve damage in his throwing arm to play first base. Why? Because walks are better than 30+ home runs. 3. Adopt Norman Dale’s “hoosiers” philosophy when up at the plate. Norman Dale didn’t want […]
- Mr. Belvedere: on Granderson’s Deal Does Not Include A No-Trade Clause: you're assuming that Beltran was even considering...
- Upsetmet: on Putting SS Erisbel Arruebarruena In Context: Also hit .330 in the minors and...
- Upsetmet: on Putting SS Erisbel Arruebarruena In Context: The mets should really consider trading for...
- Timothy Frith: on Granderson’s Deal Does Not Include A No-Trade Clause: If Robinson Cano's 10-year deal with the...
- Super T: on Granderson’s Deal Does Not Include A No-Trade Clause: Was thinking the exact same thing when...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!