This is nothing new. The injury carousel that is the New York Mets shortstop position has been an issue for the past few seasons now, and probably the last decade when you really look at it. Aside from the 4-year span from 2005-2008 where Reyes played everyday, injuries have plagued whoever has manned this position. While Reyes was our starting shortstop since 2003, he was hardly a model of consistency when it came to playing [...]
So, like a lot of you, I was excited for August to come. The Mets have been plagued with injuries all season and August was the month the Mets were supposed to get all of their players back. August was the Mets’ month. They were supposed to become stronger and get back into the wild card chase. But that didn’t happen. The Mets have only confirmed that Johan Santana, Alex Cora, and JJ Putz are [...]
Along with the state-of-the-art scoreboards and sound system, top-notch restaurant amenities and beautifully manicured baseball field, there is one other notable offering at Citi Field. It is available only to the players, however, the fans are the ones affected by it. It is the curse of Citi Field. I don’t believe in superstition. There is no God of Baseball to wear a headdress for and dance around a campfire while chanting stupid lyrics. But something is [...]
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Hawk: on What Do We Have In Lucas Duda And Is He The Solution At Left Field?: Lucas Duda is not a full time...
- Hawk: on D’Arnaud To Remain In Boot Camp For Two More Weeks: ^^THIS^^ Slow to heal.
- Tlagee: on Matt Harvey Does It All In Mets 3-2 Win Over Cubs: Ok, you think 'spins .230 avg and...
- B-Met Fan: on Mets Minors Report 5/18: Puello On A Hot Streak, Wheeler Hits DL, Mejia Makes Rehab Start: Puello is locked in right now at...
- Metro12: on Injury Update: Wheeler To Rejoin Las Vegas Rotation Next Wednesday: Nevermind. I looked it up and...