Normally, when a team has five of its hitters drilled in two games a case can be made for retribution. There’s been no such talk from the Mets about the Detroit Tigers taking liberties with their hitters. Jim Leyland’s pitchers have always been aggressive, so perhaps this is just a case of not having control early in spring training. Nonetheless, it hurts just as much in March as it does in July. It will be [...]
It is too soon to say much definitive about Terry Collins’ 2013 Mets other than it has the makings of a long year. Twice yesterday afternoon, the frustrated Mets’ manager answered seemingly innocuous questions about his roster with a curt, “It is March 8.’’ PARNELL CLOSING IN: One silver thread out of Friday’s 3-2 loss to Detroit was reliever Bobby Parnell, who pitched a 1-2-3 sixth as he’s settling in to the closer job with Frank [...]
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Hitman: on Rafael Montero To Make Spot Start For Las Vegas: Why would you say that?
- Joey D.: on Is Collins The Blame For Team’s Poor Performance, Or Is He Just The Patsy?: Hi Matt. "Come the offseason all the financial...
- Joey D.: on Is Collins The Blame For Team’s Poor Performance, Or Is He Just The Patsy?: Hi El Sid, One should also compare the...
- B-Met Fan: on Rafael Montero To Make Spot Start For Las Vegas: Comparing Wheeler and Montero is pointless. ...
- Stan: on Is Keith Hernandez Slipping?: Wasn't it interesting that when Jason Collins,...