DOC A Memoir By Dwight Gooden and Ellis Henican In the mid 1980’s no pitcher was more feared and more dominant than the Mets young superstar, Dwight “Doc” Gooden. Gooden arrived in New York in 1984 as a shy nineteen year old from Tampa and became a pitching sensation overnight, Times Square even held an 105 foot mural of Doc on the mound. His first season he was named Rookie of the year; his second, […]
The All-Star break is usually a time of rest and reprieve for many Major Leaguers and fans alike. On July 13, just 9 days past his 80th birthday, George Steinbrenner, owner of the New York Yankees, passed away from a massive heart attack. His life and career was tumultuous and as NBC Sports columnist Mike Celizic said, He was lauded, loathed and lampooned, respected and reviled, feared and fawned over. He was bombastic, cruel, demanding, […]
“It was a beautiful thing to observe, all 36 oars working in unison.’’ – late Cardinals announcer Jack Buck quipping he had seen George Steinbrenner’s yacht. It is a timeless quote about a timeless subject, George M. Steinbrenner, the demonstrative, cantankerous and blustery owner of the New York Yankees, who died today of a heart attack at age 80. Buck’s comment has long been the perception of Steinbrenner by the public through screaming headlines and […]
It was once said in a famous quote, “Only Nixon could go to China”. Back in the sixties the Communist states of China and the Soviet Union broke off their strategic alliance. Nixon saw this as an opportunity to gain a Cold War edge on the Soviets by warming up to the Chinese. It was quite unorthodox considering China was still an enemy state. Yet, Nixon was probably the most perfect figure at the time […]
- DrDooby: on MMO Flashback: Beltran Will Go Into The Hall Of Fame As A…: Yes, so far, Yankees have lost their...
- 3doza33: on Wright Excited To Have Granderson On Board, Alderson Determined To Get Deal Done: I agree 100%!!! Law is a tool...
- Fonzie13: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: I'm at the point where I am...
- Fonzie13: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: Also the fact that Beltran wasn't resigned...
- Herb G: on Curtis Granderson Agrees To Four Year, $60 Million Deal With Mets: WE just got Granderson for $180 million...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!