The last time the Mets were in Pittsburgh, I wrote a piece about PNC Park having similar effects to the Mets as Atlanta’s Turner Field once had, and to an effect, still has. Over the past few years, PNC Park had become a house of horrors for the Mets. They failed to clinch the division title there in 2006, they suffered repeated late-inning setbacks there and earlier this season, the Pirates won all three games [...]
WPIX has reported that Mets closer Francisco Rodriguez and Yankee big-mouthed bass Brian Bruney had to be separated during batting practice before the finale of the Subway Series. Rodriguez took exception with Bruney’s comments about his post-game celebrations and confronted him on the field. No word yet if the Three Fernandos or ‘Han the Man came in to separate the pitchers. Here are my two cents on this. Frankie Rodriguez is not the only pitcher [...]
I have to say that I was rather disappointed with this road trip. I know! I know! They lost one-fourth of their roster. Still, I feel the Mets should’ve really gotten on a winning streak here. They did well against the San Francisco Giants. I’ll take three out of four from them. They were up against a Dodgers team that was without Manny Ramirez. The Mets beat themselves during that series. There was no reason [...]
Today, Mike Francesa of WFAN has spent hours whining and bemoaning the fall of Yankees closer Mariano Rivera today. He is learning how to come to grips with the fact that Mariano Rivera has hit the wall and is no longer the most dominant closer in baseball. In 11.1 innings, Rivera has allowed 15 hits (4 of them homers), an un-Rivera like 3.97 ERA, and hitters are batting .306 against him. He has not allowed [...]
April 8, 2009. Francisco Rodriguez comes into the game against the Cincinnati Reds in the bottom of the ninth inning. The Mets have a two run lead, and need their stud closer to come in and shut the door to close out the win. In true Mets-fashion, Frankie gives us all reason to keep our eyes wide open. Rodriguez loaded the bases in part due to a shrunken strike zone, but also due to some [...]
I’m feeling so good about the Mets right now especially after what I witnessed last night. That game against the Reds was more than just another early season win, it was convincing evidence that this might be the year the Mets go all they way. Let me explain… The old Mets never would have stood a chance last night against the Reds. Too many things went right, that never would have happened last season. I will [...]
- philipag: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: It would seem to me that any...
- Mitchell: on Reds vs Mets: Harvey Looks For Sixth Win, Hawkins Unavailable Today, Red Hot Byrd Batting Fifth: The bullpen has been much better. I'm...
- Joe: on Reds vs Mets: Harvey Looks For Sixth Win, Hawkins Unavailable Today, Red Hot Byrd Batting Fifth: Neither one of those players are doing...
- Michelle: on Reds vs Mets: Harvey Looks For Sixth Win, Hawkins Unavailable Today, Red Hot Byrd Batting Fifth: Ankiel is red hot!
- Connor O'Brien: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: The Nationals have done that very well.