This game had a definite carnival atmosphere feel to it as the Atlanta Braves beat the Mets by the score of 9-4 to split the rain-shortened two-game series at Turner Field. What a comedy of errors for the Mets even though the box score would suggest a clean game. I hate sad stories and bad endings so this will be short and sweet bitter. Jon Niese struggled from the word go and while it looks like he [...]
Jordany Valdespin was initially slated not to start against LHP Chris Sale on Tuesday according to Terry Collins and as reported by Adam Rubin of ESPN New York. That’s irrelevant now that Sale was moved up to pitch on Monday and will not pitch against the Mets after all. Michael Baron of MetsBlog pointed out that against left-handed pitching, Valdespin is hitting just .182 with a .545 OPS. But what he failed to mention was that he only has [...]
Let’s all be honest, we knew what this team was before the season even started. Not losing all faith yet, but the Mets may in fact be sellers at the deadline. Recently I was asked if the Mets would be sellers or buyers at the deadline, to which I responded buyers. However that was the optimistic side of me talking. Or maybe it was Sandy repeatedly saying comments like “We’re playing for 2011″. Either way [...]
How do you handle a 7th overall pick? Do you take the best player available, or the safe pick? Do you take the high-upside high school player, or the more advanced college player? Pitcher or hitter? I’m actually kind of conflicted on this. I’ve looked at the draft for the last few days, thinking along each philosophy. But I won’t be calling in the pick on Monday, June 7. The New York Mets will. Who [...]
Thank you all for your kind responses to yesterday’s Righty preview. Today, we’ll look at the southpaws who could be possible considerations in the top seven. Drew Pomeranz: Pomeranz has had a fair degree of buzz on this site, the only question is whether he possibly falls to 7th. Pomeranz throws a low-to-mid 90’s fastball, a strong curve, and a low 80’s changeup. The junior from Ole Miss has a reputation for getting hitters to [...]
- Jimmy Pernil: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: I will answer why Omar was fired....
- Connor O'Brien: on Mets Minors Report 5/24: Lara Promoted, Mejia Strong In Rehab, Tapia Returns From DL: And don't forget Mike Pelfrey
- Christopher: on Braves vs Mets Preview: Amazins Have Tough Assignment Against Medlen In Opener: Was this before or after Collins refused...
- Connor O'Brien: on Mets Minors Report 5/24: Lara Promoted, Mejia Strong In Rehab, Tapia Returns From DL: Everybody's different. Some players like Lincecum and...
- Ojeda's Perm: on Braves vs Mets Preview: Amazins Have Tough Assignment Against Medlen In Opener: "They [fans] don’t play this game. They...