Because today’s game between the Mets and Braves was postponed due to rain, and the decision was made not to have a doubleheader on Sunday, right-hander Matt Harvey will now have seven full days of rest in between starts. Harvey was originally scheduled to pitch tomorrow’s game on Sunday, but Jon Niese who was today’s scheduled starter, will pitch tomorrow’s contest instead. With the Mets off on Monday, Harvey will get the nod on Tuesday [...]
Update: According to Scott Merkin of MLB.com, if the White Sox cut payroll as expected, it’s likely that either John Danks or Mark Buehrle will not return in 2012. Looking at the free agent market for starting pitchers can be quite depressing. As of this writing it’s not known whether C.C. Sabathia will be a free agent. The next best free agent pitcher after C.C. assuming he opts-out is C.J. Wilson of the Texas Rangers and it’s widely believed Wilson [...]
Let’s all be honest, we knew what this team was before the season even started. Not losing all faith yet, but the Mets may in fact be sellers at the deadline. Recently I was asked if the Mets would be sellers or buyers at the deadline, to which I responded buyers. However that was the optimistic side of me talking. Or maybe it was Sandy repeatedly saying comments like “We’re playing for 2011″. Either way [...]
I grew up in an era when interleague play was a pipe dream, or a gleam in Bud Selig’s eye. But I always loved watching the World Series when a National League team would face off against an American League squad, and I also remember going to the Mayor’s Trophy Game, an exhibition between the Mets and Yankees each year that didn’t amount to much because both teams let their scrubs play. So I was [...]
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/19/2013
- Fonzie13: on Our Savior Has Arrived!: Don't forget Jeff Readon, Doobs. Reardon wasn't...
- Jay: on Valdespin Would Have Fit Right In With The 1986 Mets: thank you for you displaying your mathematical...
- Alex68: on Juan Lagares Belts First MLB Homer In Mets 4-3 Comeback Win: Huh, good to see we won.... Ok...
- DrDooby: on Juan Lagares Belts First MLB Homer In Mets 4-3 Comeback Win: If Gee keeps running out of gas...
- DrDooby: on Our Savior Has Arrived!: But wasn´t Izzy exactly one of those...