Last week I wrote a piece on the position battle currently going on at second base. This week I will take a look at the back end of the Mets rotation. The Mets have four players who will be in the running for two spots. The Contenders: Chris Capuano- 4-4, 3.95 ERA, 1.30 WHIP, 2.57 K/BB, 0.5 WAR, $1.5 million, 32 years old Chris Young- 4-6, 5.21 ERA, 1.45 WHIP, 1.25 K/BB, -0.5 WAR, $1.1 [...]
Finally, the Mets have signed Chris Young to a one-year deal. Rumors of the Mets’ interest had been circulating for much of the offseason, but the deal is done. So with the addition of Young, that begs the question: What should we expect the pitching rotation to look like? In my last post, I gave my predictions on how the roster may be shaped, including the pitching rotation. It seems as though, at least for [...]
The Mets and free-agent right-hander Chris Young have agreed to a deal, pending a physical, an organization source told ESPN NewYork. Aaron Gleeman adds, Young has a 3.80 ERA in 752 career innings, but the 32-year-old has never thrown even 180 innings in a season and hasn’t been healthy and effective since 2007. Despite his 6-foot-10 frame and solid career numbers Young has always been a soft-tosser, but his average fastball velocity was just [...]
- RandomGuy: on Braves vs Mets: Dillon Gee Opposes Mike Minor In Tonight’s Second Game: Thats the second home run Gee has...
- Paul's Mets: on Braves vs Mets: Dillon Gee Opposes Mike Minor In Tonight’s Second Game: Gee looking better. Gee, Marcum, Niese have been...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on 2013 MLB Draft: Compiling & Analyzing 40 Mocks, Mets Consensus Picks: "As well, Catching defense needs more refinement...
- Timothy: on Braves vs Mets: Dillon Gee Opposes Mike Minor In Tonight’s Second Game: He selected the wrong manager, but I...
- I Stopped Watching: on Braves vs Mets: Dillon Gee Opposes Mike Minor In Tonight’s Second Game: This is a joke.