Gary Sheffield is expected to start in right field for the first time this season. He enters the game with 499 homeruns and may mark the first memorable Mets moment at Citi Field if he hits number 500 at Shea tonight. I’m not exactly sure how to feel about that, but if it’s a game winning homer than bring it on. Who knows what we can expect from Oliver Perez when he takes the mound [...]
Today before the game, Jerry Manuel said that Frankie Rodriguez would get the day off after a tough workload in last nights game. J.J. Putz will be called on to close the game if necessary. I’m thinking that Putz will pick up about 10 saves this season. Luis Castillo is sitting this one out, and Alex Cora makes his first start of the season at second base. Jerry Manuel is open to trying Fernando Tatis [...]
It feels so good to have baseball back again. I have to admit it was a pretty long and boring offseason for Met fans, especially when we were left with the memory of that awful game 7 in our heads! Blah! They say the best thing to do after you fall off your horse, is to get back on again. Well, unfortunately for Met fans, the season ended and we haven’t been able to get back [...]
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/19/2013
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on MetsMinors.net Is Here!: NICE :D
- Scott Rice's Arm: on Scott Rice Leads The Majors In Appearances: I've had 25 appearances so far and...
- Metsie: on Matt Harvey Does It All In Mets 3-2 Win Over Cubs: No 62 named Victorino way back...
- METS62FAN: on Matt Harvey Does It All In Mets 3-2 Win Over Cubs: METSIE, METSIE, METSIE. OK, YOUR HINDSIGHTUING AGAIN...
- Al: on Bobby Parnell: Our Savior Has Arrived!: Great we have a reliever on the...