Joel Sherman of the New York Post, reports that soon after the Colorado Rockies acquired Huston Street in the Matt Holliday deal, the Mets checked in and made an offer for Street. Sherman explains that the Mets wanted to trade reliever Aaron Heilman, but that the Rockies wanted Pedro Feliciano as well. The Mets said no, and that was the end of the negotiations. I would have pulled the trigger on that… Not only would we have […]
Part 1 Can Be Found Here. On Sunday, I had the opportunity to work at M&T Stadium for a Ravens Game, and this is the second part of my description of what it is like to see sports from another perspective. After our lunch break was over, which was about 1:50, we got moved to the upperdeck of M&T stadium for reassignment. My first assignment on the upperdeck lasted all of 5 minutes. The way […]
There have been Mets rookies who had a positive effect the moment they took the field, such as Tom Seaver. There were others who took time to develop, like Jose Reyes. But there’s never been a player with the impact of Dwight Gooden. “Doctor K” won the hearts of Mets fans from day one with promise, potential and a God given talent rarely seen on a baseball diamond. As someone who witnessed Doc first hand […]
Forget everything you have heard on sports radio… Forget everything you have read in the sports pages… Details of an under the radar conversation between Omar Minaya, Tony Bernazard and Luis Castillo at a meeting in October has leaked out. The Mets have every single intention of giving Luis Castillo the second base job despite what some Met officials had previously said. During that October meeting, Luis Castillo pleaded for another chance and promised that he would […]
Jayson Stark of ESPN writes the following, • We keep hearing predictions that the Mets will wind up signing K-Rod for four years and $50-55 million. But don’t bet your copy of “The Life and Times of Jesse Orosco” on a deal that long. One baseball man reports that when he asked a Mets official about the possibility of a four-year contract for any closer, he was told that was a “deal breaker” for a team […]
As most of you know by now, an MRI administered Thursday in Manhattan determined Murphy had suffered a Grade 2 strain of the muscle. Such injuries are measured on a scale of 1-4, with 4 being the most serious. Murphy first experienced pain in the leg over a week ago while taking ground balls at second base during batting practice. He hasn’t played since November 10th. He will cease all baseball activities and will not […]
1. Fernando Martinez – At only 19 years of age, F-Mart just keeps moving closer and closer to the Major Leagues’ with every mighty swing of the bat he takes. While some still doubt his ability, he has convinced many scouts that he is indeed the real deal. Currently, he has been spotted launching rockets in Winter Ball. The Juan Gonzalez comparisons will leave many Mets fans drooling including this one. 2. Jon Niese – This prized […]
6. Nick Evans – Evans can play first base or outfield and is projected to grow into a power hitter as he fills out. He has been wildly inconsistent in the batting average department, but has made great strides in 2008. He is improving defensively and has a good feel for the game. He may get a half a season in Buffalo to start the season, but the Mets envision him as their future at […]
I really don’t understand the fascination with Raul Ibanez… Ken Davidoff of Newsday, mentions the Mets renewed interest in the aging yet solid if nothing else, outfielder. Meanwhile, the Mets continue to maintain communication with free agent Raul Ibañez, who interests them as an outfield bat, but they’ll face competition for the 36-year-old. The Phillies, the defending World Series champions, have expressed interest in Ibañez, who could replace free agent Pat Burrell in leftfield. So […]
- Joey D.: on MMO Fan Shot: Granderson Is In The House… What’s Next?: Hi Kevin, I don't believe you should thank...
- B-Met Fan: on MMO Fan Shot: Granderson Is In The House… What’s Next?: Kevin, you make a point but those...
- Jimmy Broadway: on MMO Fan Shot: Granderson Is In The House… What’s Next?: Sign Napoli or Loney, trade for...
- Hotstreak: on MMO Fan Shot: Granderson Is In The House… What’s Next?: I take the position either rebuild the...
- Jeru: on MMO Fan Shot: Granderson Is In The House… What’s Next?: strong pitching AND strong defense. you cant have...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!