Good morning, Mets fans!
Latest Mets News
The Mets made some roster moves to accommodate their players that returned from the 60-day DL. P.J. Conlon, Rafael Montero, Phillip Evans, and Jamie Callahan were all outrighted while Jack Reinheimer was claimed on waivers by the Chicago Cubs. Conlon cleared waivers and was assigned to Triple-A Syracuse while Montero, Evans and Callahan were granted free agency.
Quite a few Mets will be decorated during New York Chapter of the Baseball Writers’ Association of America awards dinner on January 26.
- David Wright will accept the “Toast of the Town” award.
- Jacob deGrom will take home the “Young New York Player of the Year” award.
- To no surprise, Brandon Nimmo will collect the “Good Guy” award.
- Sandy Alderson will receive the “You Gotta Have Heart” award.
- Jay Horwitz will be given the William J. Slocum-Jack Lang Award.
- Additionally, the 1969 Mets will be honored at the dinner.
Mets beat reporter Anthony DiComo was named the BBWAA New York Chairman. Congrats to Anthony!
Brodie Van Wagenen made a Twitter! You can follow him at @GMBVW. Totally don’t tweet at him your trade suggestions or ways you think the team could improve.
Latest MLB News
Seven players received qualifying offers from their respective teams. Bryce Harper, Yasmani Grandal, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Patrick Corbin, Dallas Keuchel, Craig Kimbrel, and A.J. Pollock all have 10 days to accept or decline the deal.
The Dodgers and Clayton Kershaw agreed to a three-year, $93 million dollar deal that’s packed with incentives.
Buster Olney of ESPN tweets that Indians will listen on almost all of their players this offseason.
Latest NL East News
MLBTradeRumors predicted that Bryce Harper will not resign with the Nationals and instead head west to the Dodgers.
Latest on MMO
Dilip Sridhar previewed Josh Donaldson’s free agency.
On this Date in Mets History
145 Days until Opening Day!