John Ricco commented on his future with the Mets on Tuesday.
When asked if he saw himself as a potential candidate form the open general manager position, Ricco responded “Right now, no.” Ricco has been serving as co-general manager since Sandy Alderson resigned earlier in 2018 over health concerns.
Ricco was then asked about the future of Mickey Callaway, where he said he “fully anticipates” the rookie manager to return for the second year of his three year deal.
Callaway, 43, was signed away from the Cleveland Indians last winter. After an 11-1 start, Callaway has managed the Mets to a 73-83 record.
Finally, Ricco was asked to comment on the availability of David Wright this weekend against the Braves. He said that Wright is unlikely to pinch hit due to Atlanta’s battle for home field advantage, suggesting the Mets will take this series with Atlanta seriously and play to hurt their playoff position.