Las Vegas (53-57) 6, Omaha (50-59) 3 Box Score
- Peter Alonso 1B: 1-4, 2B, 3 K, .221/.326/.463
- Dominic Smith LF: 0-4, 3 K, .251/.331/.375
- Bryce Brentz DH: 2-4, HR, 2B, 2 RBI, K, .272/.339/.561
- Patrick Kivlehan 3B: 2-3, HR, 2 RBI, .295/.343/.471
Alonso continues to slowly but surely hit better, batting .286 over his last ten games. Strikeouts continue to be a bit of a problem for him though. Smith has entered a bit of a slump, going just 2 for his last 21, including 0-8 with 5 strikeouts in his last two games. Brentz smashed two extra-base hits in his second game back from the DL after going 0-3 with three strikeouts in his first game back. Colton Plaia also continued his strong hitting since the start of June with two singles.
- RHP Drew Gagnon (W, 3-4, 5.11 ERA): 6.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 4 K
- LHP Buddy Baumann (1-0, 4.10 ERA): 1.0 IP, H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K
- RHP Tim Peterson (0-1, 3.52 ERA): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K
- RHP Chris Beck (1-0, 6.75 ERA): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, K
Gagnon didn’t have his best strikeout stuff, but still turned in a solid quality start. Baumann rebounded from a tough July with a scoreless seventh. The recently demoted Peterson, who was beginning to struggle at the Major League level after an excellent start, came back to Las Vegas and pitched a flawless eighth with two strikeouts. He’s posted very good numbers in the PCL and should be back with the Mets at some point this season. Beck has slowly been getting better, now having allowed just one run in his last seven innings.
Binghamton (51-59) 2, Hartford (51-57) 1 Box Score
- Andres Gimenez SS: 2-for-4, 2B, R, .281/.348/.421
- Will Toffey 3B: 1-for-3, 2B, RBI, BB, .270/.400/.432
- RHP Mickey Jannis (4.09) 7 IP, 6 H, ER, BB, 6 K
- LHP Daniel Zamora (3.66) 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R
- RHP Ryder Ryan (3.52) 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 0 R, K, Win
Ryan lowered his season ERA to 2.70 between Binghamton and St. Lucie, he has 45 strikeouts compared to only 12 walks in 43.1 innings.
St. Lucie (42-63) 10, Bradenton (49-53) 3 Box Score
- Luis Carpio SS: 1-for-3, 2 BB, R, .238/.306/.389
- Jeremy Vasquez 1B: 3-for-5, HR, 2 RBI, .278/.366/.420
- Quinn Brodey RF: 2-for-4, 2 HR, 5 RBI, BB, .216/.289/.388
The St. Lucie Mets went 4-for-9 with runners in scoring position on the night. Carpio is 2-for-7 with two walks and homer in August after posting a .870 OPS for the month of July.
Gibbons lost his no-hitter with one out in the bottom of the eighth inning.
Brooklyn (25-21) 13, Aberdeen (18-26) 6 Box Score
- Carlos Cortes 2B: 2-for-4, BB, 3 R, .261/.337/.352
- Wagner Lagrange LF: 2-for-4, 2B, BB, 3 RBI, 2 R, .287/.362/.357
- Nick Meyer C: 3-for-4, RBI, R, .279/.333/.349
Manny Rodriguez, 2018 10th round pick, had two hits in the game including his first professional home run. Walter Rasquin had two hits and knocked in three. The Cyclones went 7-for-13 with runners in scoring position.
- RHP Briam Campusano (5.26) 4.1 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, BB, 2 K
Greeneville (17-22) 6, Kingsport (20-19) 1 F/7 Box Score
- RHP Nate Peden (1-3, 6.37) 4 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- RHP Allan Winans (0.75) 2 IP, H, R (0 ER), 0 BB, 2 K
Kingsport (21-19) 4, Greeneville (17-23) 3 F/7 Box Score
- Guillermo Granadillo LF: 2-for-3, BB, 2B, 2 R, 3 SB, .321/.411/.339
- Mark Vientos 3B: 1-for-2, RBI, BB, SB, .275/.351/.489
The Mets managed to score four runs despite only four hits though they did walk seven times and steal eight bases.
GCL Astros (19-17) 5, GCL Mets (19-18) 3 Box Score
- Stanley Consuegra RF-CF: 2-for-4, 2B, sB, .213/.279/.315
- Ronny Mauricio SS: 1-for-3, 2B, BB, .336/.355/.531
- Sebastian Espino 2B: 1-for-3, RBI, 2B, R, .297/.336/.376
Mauricio hit his 13th double of the season, ranks him second in the GCL and his .531 SLG is tied for eighth.
- RHP Simeon Woods-Richardson (0.00) 3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, BB, 4 K
- LHP Franklin Parra (0.00) 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, BB
Woods-Richardson made his first professional start. He was reportedly sitting 93-96 mph with his fastball. The Mets 2018 second round pick has thrown six scoreless innings to begin his pro career. Parra, Mets 11th round pick from Copiague, pitched his second scoreless inning to start his career.
DSL Mets1 (31-21) 4, DSL Cardinals (34-18) 2 Box Score
- Adrian Hernandez CF: 2-for-3, 2B, BB, R, .254/.348/.376
Hernandez is starting to heat up going 14-for-42 with four walks in his last 10 games. The Mets walked nine times compared to only six strikeouts.
- RHP Andres German (2.74) 6 IP, 6 H, ER, 0 BB, 7 K
- LHP Nelmerson Xavier Mariano Silvano Angela (2.39) 1 IP, K, Save
DSL Mets2 (25-27) 10, DSL Cubs (17-34) 9 Box Score
- Wilmy Valdez 1B: 2-for-5, BB, RBI, R, .248/.294/.316
The Mets had 12 hits in the game with seven of them coming with runners in scoring position.
- RHP Victor Isturiz (3.38) 3 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
Las Vegas portion of recap done by Mojo Hill.