Well, it’s that time of the year! The Mid-Summer Classic will take place tonight at 8 p.m. in Washington, D.C., with the National League squaring off against the American League.
Since the “This Time It Counts” initiative put forth in 2004, 10 of 13 teams with home field advantage went on to win the World Series.
For the second time in as many years, however, the game will be played for nothing but league bragging rights.
Max Scherzer of the Washington Nationals (12-5, 2.41 ERA) will face off against Chris Sale of the Boston Red Sox (10-4, 2.23 ERA). Mets ace Jacob deGrom will pitch after Scherzer, who will likely go the first two innings.
National League Lineup
- Javier Baez, Chicago Cubs, 2B
- Nolan Arenado, Colorado Rockies, 3B
- Paul Goldschmidt, Arizona Diamondbacks, DH
- Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Braves, 1B
- Matt Kemp, Los Angeles Dodgers, LF
- Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals, CF
- Nick Markakis, Atlanta Braves, RF
- Brandon Crawford, San Francisco Giants, SS
- Willson Contreras, Chicago Cubs, C
American League Lineup
- Mookie Betts, Boston Red Sox, RF
- Jose Altuve, Houston Astros, 2B
- Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels, CF
- J.D. Martinez,Boston Red Sox, DH
- Jose Ramirez, Cleveland Indians, 3B
- Aaron Judge, New York Yankees, LF
- Manny Machado, Baltimore Orioles, SS
- Jose Abreu, Chicago White Sox, 1B
- Salvador Perez, Kansas City Royals, C
Let’s go National League!