Tacoma Rainiers (34-26) 9, Las Vegas 51s (24-38) 0 Box Score
- Amed Rosario SS 1 for 4, 2B, .339/.379/.500
- Dominic Smith 1B 1 for 4, 2 K, .321/.371/.476
- Gavin Cecchini 2B 1 for 4, 3B, .255/.318/.360
The 51s went 1 for 10 with runners in scoring position on the night.
- RHP Ricky Knapp (L, 2-7, 5.94) 2.2 IP, 7 H, 7 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
- LHP Alberto Baldonado (7.52) 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB
- RHP Kevin McGowan (4.15) 1 perfect inning
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (33-22) 10, Harrisburg Senators (24-35) 6 Box Score
- Cody Decker 1B: 2 for 5, R, HR, 4 RBI, K, .271/.365/.542
- Kevin Kaczmarski RF: 3 for 5, R, K, .297/.377/.379
- Colton Plaia C: 1 for 4, 2 R, 2B, 3 RBI, BB, K, .266/.389/.316
Binghamton’s offense exploded for ten runs on thirteen hits in their victory. They got their first two runs in the second inning when both Plaia and Mickey Jannis walked with the bases loaded. The Rumble Ponies scored three runs in the fourth inning on a Plaia two RBI double and a Luis Guillorme RBI double. In the eighth inning, with the game tied 6-6, Decker smacked a grand slam to left center field to give the Rumble Ponies the lead. Every player in the Binghamton lineup got on base at least once in the game.
- RHP Mickey Jannis (4-1, 3.58 ERA) 4.2 IP, 7 H, 5 R, ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- RHP Corey Taylor (3-3, 3.65 ERA) 1.1 IP, H, ER,
- RHP Luis Mateo (1-0, 3.06 ERA) 2.0 IP, H, BB, 5 K
- RHP Tim Peterson (1-2, 1.80 ERA) 1.0 IP, H, K
Jannis was cruising early in the game, pitching four scoreless innings to start, before running into trouble in the fifth. He ended up giving up five runs in the fifth before being pulled from the game. However, only one run was earned, as the Rumble Ponies made two errors in the inning. Taylor came into the game in relief and also gave up a run. Mateo and Peterson pitched a combined three scoreless innings.
St. Lucie Mets (30-28) vs. Lakeland Legends (23-33) Box Score
St. Lucie’s game was suspended because of rain with the score tied 5-5 in the top of the 12th inning. The game will be resumed at 5:00 PM on Saturday, June 10.
Columbia Fireflies (33-25) 3, Charleston RiverDogs (30-30) 1 Box Score
- Desmond Lindsay CF: 1 for 4, R, HR, RBI, K, .192/.326/.365
- Michael Paez 2B: 1 for 4, 2B, 2 RBI, K, .302/.393/.524
- Milton Ramos 3B: 2 for 3, R, .224/.269/.284
The Fireflies were able to push across three runs on only five hits. Lindsay broke the scoreless tie in the second inning with a solo home run. It was his sixth home run of the season and his fourth in the last eleven games. Paez doubled home Columbia’s other two runs in the fifth inning, he now leads the league with 20 doubles.
- RHP Harol Gonzalez (3-4, 4.34 ERA) 7.2 IP, 9 H, ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- LHP Adonis Uceta (2-0, 2.10 ERA) 1.1 IP, H, BB, 3 K
Gonzalez was very good in this game and did not give up a run until the eighth inning. After having a 7.27 ERA through his first five starts of 2017 and having a short stint on the disabled list, Gonzalez has turned his season around. He has a 1.97 ERA over his last five starts. Uceta hasn’t allowed an earned run over his last 12 innings and has 18 strikeouts in that span.