Bowie Baysox (34-37) 13, Binghamton Rumble Ponies (37-28) 7 Box Score
- Luis Guillorme SS: 2 for 5, 3 R, BB, 2 K, .290/.346/.335
- Matt Oberste 1B: 3 for 4, 3 RBI, BB, .280/.357/.400
- David Thompson 3B: 2 for 5, 2B, RBI, .253/.324/.403
The Rumble Ponies had a very good offense game, putting 23 men on base with 14 hits, 8 walks, and an error. Every player in the lineup got on base at least once and Tomas Nido (who was 1 for 4 with a sacrifice fly in the game) was the only player not to get on base at least twice.
- LHP P.J. Conlon (5-5, 3.56 ERA) 7.0 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- RHP Cory Burns (0-2, 7.98 ERA) 1.0 IP, 5 H, 5 ER, BB
- RHP Scarlyn Reyes (1-0, 7.13 ERA) 0.1 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 2 BB
Conlon pitched well for the first seven inning before running into trouble in the eighth. Entering the inning with a 7-3 lead and under 90 pitches, Conlon would allow hits to the first two runners. Burns replaced Conlon and ended up allowing seven runs to score (including the two runners inherited from Conlon). Reyes came in to pitch and gave up three runs, putting the game out of reach. After a great start to the season, Reyes has struggled recently, allowing at least one run in each of his last five appearances.
St. Lucie Mets (33-35) 4, Daytona Tortugas (33-32) 2 Box Score
- Jhoan Urena 3B: 2 for 4, R, HR, RBI, SB, .311/.406/.459
- Asdrubal Cabrera DH: 1 for 4, .375/.375/.375
- Peter Alonso 1B: 1 for 3, R, BB, 2 K, .187/.245/.319
Cabrera made his second rehab appearance and is expected to rejoin the MLB team on Friday. Urena, who continues to have a great season, hit his second home run in the last two games, putting St. Lucie on the board with a solo home run in the sixth. Vinny Siena drove in two runs in the ninth inning with a double.
- RHP Nabil Crismatt (4-6, 2.55 ERA) 7.2 IP, 7 H, BB, 5 K
- RHP Alex Palsha (1-1, 4.05 ERA) 1.1 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, K
Crismatt was fantastic in this game, only needing 100 pitches to throw 7.2 shutout innings. After having a couple of poor starts in late April, Crismatt has pitched extremely well. Over his last eight starts, Crismatt has a 0.98 ERA in 55.1 innings pitched and has a 59:9 strikeout to walk ratio.
Brooklyn Cyclones (1-1) 6, Vermont Lake Monsters (1-2) 1 Box Score
- Jose Maria 1B: 2 for 4, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB
- Jose Miguel Medina RF: 4 for 5, 2 R, K
- Jeremy Wolf LF: 2 for 5, 3 RBI
The Cyclones scored six runs on thirteen hits and won their first game of the season. Maria hit his first home run and the first Cyclones home run of the season.
- RHP Thomas McIlraith (1-0, 0.00 ERA) 5.0 IP, 2 H, BB, 4 K
- LHP Jose Carlos Medina (0-0, 0.00 ERA) 4.0 IP, 2 H, R, 3 K
Both Brooklyn pitchers pitched very well in the game, working around six errors and only giving up one unearned run. McIlraith was making a rehab start after being on the disabled list since April 25.
The Las Vegas 51s and the Columbia Fireflies had the night off. The Fireflies return from the All-Star break today after first baseman Dash Winningham was voted MVP of the South Atlantic League midsummer classic. Infielder Michael Paez and right-handed starter Jordan Humphreys have been promoted from Columbia to the St. Lucie Mets according to MMO’s own Mathew Brownstein.