Tacoma Rainiers (15-9) 5, Las Vegas 51s (13-13) 3 Box Score
- Brandon Nimmo CF: 0 for 5, K
- Wilmer Flores 3B: 2 for 4, Run, RBI
- Amed Rosario SS: 1 for 3, 2B, RBI, K
- Dominic Smith 1B: 1 for 3, BB
Flores and Nimmo continued their rehab assignments to Las Vegas. Flores recorded a RBI double while Nimmo went hitless in the game. Rosario recorded another extra base-hit. They have started to come more often for the top prospect.
- LHP Adam Wilk (2-3, 5.91 ERA): 4.2 IP, 10 H, 4 ER, BB, 7 K
- RHP Logan Taylor (0-0, 4.73 ERA): 2.2 IP, H, ER, BB, 2 K
- RHP Ben Rowen (1-0, 7.82 ERA): 1.2 IP, K
Wilk started this one for Vegas and struggled despite striking out 7 in 4.2 innings. Taylor and Rowen both did a good job of eating innings for the 51s. Rowen has pitched well after a terrible beginning to his season. He has a chance of seeing some time in the MLB if he keeps this up.
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (12-9) 5, Akron RubberDucks (10-13) 4 Box Score
- Luis Guillorme 2B: 1 for 4, K
- Tomas Nido DH: 1 for 4, Run, HR, RBI, K
- Matt Oberste 1B: 2 for 4, Run, HR, RBI, K
- David Thompson 3B: 1 for 2, Run, HR, 2 RBIs, BB
It was the home run display for the Rumble Ponies. Top catching prospect, Tomas Nido, had his second homer and now has his average up to .200 after a slow start to the year. Guillorme has now reached in 20 of 21 games for Binghamton. He has a .419 OBP this season. Thompson has a .512 OPS this season but hopefully this homer changes his fortunes. The Rumble Ponies took the lead for good on Oberste’s homer.
- RHP Donovan Hand (1-2, 5.25 ERA): 5.2 IP, 5 H, 4 ER, 3 BB, 7 K
- RHP Corey Taylor (2-2, 4.35 ERA): 1.1 IP, 2 H, BB, K
- RHP Tim Peterson (1-0, 0 ERA): 1 IP, 3 K
- LHP Alberto Baldonado (0-0, 0 ERA): 1 IP, 3 K
Hand was originally in line for the win but Taylor let an inherited runner score. Taylor got the victory and Baldonado recorded the save. He now has 18 strikeouts in 12.2 innings this year. Peterson has a 0.70 WHIP in 10 innings of work.
Bradenton Marauders (15-11) 6, St. Lucie Mets (10-16) 1 Box Score
St. Lucie only managed 4 hits in this game, 2 of which belonged to Mazeika. Mazeika is now slashing .347/.407/.560 this season.
- RHP Nabil Crismatt (1-3, 5.88 ERA): 5 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 4 BB, 6 K
- RHP Austin McGeorge (0-0, 4.50 ERA): 2 IP, 2 H, ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- RHP Justin Brantley (2-0, 3.07 ERA): 1 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, BB, 3 K
Every St. Lucie pitcher gave up a run in this game. Crismatt did not have his command in this game as evidenced by the 4 walks. Brantley has now given up multiple runs in two of his last three appearances. McGeorge was the Mets seventh rounder from 2016. This was his St. Lucie debut.
Columbia Fireflies (14-12) 2, Delmarva Shorebirds (12-14) 1 Box Score
- Luis Carpio 2B: 1 for 3, 2B, BB
- Andres Gimenez SS: 1 for 4, 2B, RBI, K
- Michael Paez DH: 1 for 3, 2B, BB, 2 K
- Desmond Lindsay CF: 0 for 4, 3 K
The Fireflies only managed two runs in this game yet it was enough for the win. Andres Gimenez has recorded hits in all three games he has played. He drove in one of the two Fireflies’ runs. Gene Cone drew the walk-off walk to win the game.
- RHP Gabriel Llanes (0-2, 3.03 ERA): 7 IP, 7 H, ER, BB, 6 K
- RHP Adonis Uceta: (1-0, 1.50 ERA): 2 IP, K
Llanes was great over 7 innings for the Fireflies. He did not factor into the decision because of the lack of run support. Uceta recorded the win after pitching 2 scoreless in relief. He has a 0.83 WHIP in 12 innings this season.