Las Vegas 51s (11-12) 5, Albuquerque Isotopes (11-11) 4 Box Score
- Amed Rosario SS: 2 for 4, 2 Runs, HR, RBI
- Dominic Smith 1B: 2 for 3, Run, BB
- Travis Taijeron RF: 1 for 3, 2B, 3 RBIs, K
Amed Rosario hit his first AAA home run in this game. He also had a line drive hit before that HR. The 51s were trailing into the eighth inning of this game before Travis Taijeron hit a two-run double to plate Desmond Jennings and Dominic Smith.
- RHP Rafael Montero (0-0, 1.74 ERA): 5.1 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 9 K
- RHP Ben Rowen (1-0, 9.00 ERA): 1.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, ER
- RHP Beck Wheeler (1-0, 4.38 ERA): 1 IP, K
- RHP Paul Sewald (1-0, 2.08 ERA): 1 IP, H, K
Montero held the Isotopes hitless through the first 5 innings before he ran into trouble in the sixth inning. He has had 16 strikeouts compared to three walks in AAA. Sewald shut the door on the game after Beck Wheeler pitched a scoreless eighth to record the win.
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (10-9) 7, New Hampshire Fisher Cats (8-13) 3 Box Score
- Luis Guillorme 2B: 1 for 4, 2 Runs, BB, K
- Tomas Nido DH: 3 for 5, 2B, 3B, 2 RBIs
- Matt Oberste 1B: 1 for 4, Run, HR, 2 RBIs
- Patrick Biondi RF: 1 for 5, 2 Runs, K
Guillorme got on two more times tonight to raise his OBP to .388. Nido has now hit in three straight games. Two of them have been multi-hit games, including this one where he also recorded two extra base-hits.
- RHP Mickey Jannis (3-0, 1.93 ERA): 6.1 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 6 K, 4 BB
- RHP Corey Taylor (1-2, 5.00 ERA): 1.2 IP, 3 H, 2 K
- RHP Logan Taylor (0-0, 16.20 ERA): 1 IP, H, ER, BB
Knuckleballer, Mickey Jannis, continued his great start to the season. He did not have command of his knuckler but managed to escape trouble. Corey Taylor had his second straight appearance without allowing a run.
St. Lucie Mets (9-14) 5, Clearwater Threshers (16-7) 4 Box Score
- Brandon Nimmo CF: 0 for 3, 2 BB, K
- Wilmer Flores 3B: 0 for 3, Run, K
- Jeff McNeil 2B: 1 for 1, Run, HR, 2 RBIs
- Patrick Mazeika C: 2 for 3, Run, 2B, 2 RBIs, K
Nimmo played all 9 innings for all 9 innings again while Flores came out after recording 3 at-bats. McNeil homered again but left early with a groin injury. Vinny Siena came in for him and hit 2 doubles. Mazeika is now slashing .338/.405/.559.
- RHP Andrew Church (1-2, 3.67 ERA): 7 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, 4 K
- RHP Alex Pashla (0-1, 2.61 ERA): 1 IP, BB, K
- RHP Tyler Bashlor (1-0, 5.19 ERA): 1 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, BB
Church was great tonight and went a season high 7 innings. He failed to pass the 6 inning mark prior to this game. Bashlor struggled in his second appearance since coming off the DL. He stranded the tying-run on third to win the game.
Hickory Crawdads (9-14) 9, Columbia Fireflies (12-12) 8 Box Score
- Gene Cone LF: 1 for 6, 2B, 3 RBIs, 3 K
- Andres Gimenez SS: 2 for 4, HR, RBI, 2 K
- Desmond Lindsay CF: 1 for 3, 3 Runs, 2 BB, 2 K
- Ali Sanchez C: 1 for 4, 3 RBIs, BB
The Fireflies called up well-regarded 18-year old prospect, Andres Gimenez. Gimenez played in the Dominican Summer League last year. He was ranked 9th on the MMO prospect list. Read more about him here. Lindsay continues to see the ball well. He now has a .349 OBP despite having a .188 batting average.
- RHP Harol Gonzalez (1-1, 7.65 ERA): 4 IP, 7 H, 7 ER, 2 BB, K
- RHP Max Kuhns (0-0, 2.25 ERA): 3 IP, H, BB, 4 K
- RHP Matt Blackham (1-0, 1.50 ERA): 2 IP, 3 H, ER, 5 K
- RHP Joseph Zanghi (0-2, 2.08 ERA): 2 H, ER
Gonzalez struggled in this game after having back-to-back quality starts for the FireFlies. Blackham and Zanghi, two of the better FireFlies, gave up the game-tying and game-winning runs respectively.