El Paso Chihuahuas 5 (San Diego), Las Vegas 51s 0 (66-73) Box Score
- Brandon Nimmo CF 2 for 5, 2 K .352/.424/.548
- Gavin Cecchini SS 0 for 4, K .327/.388/.449
- T.J. Rivera 2B 1 for 4, E .346/.387/.505
As you can see, there are a couple of pieces missing from the lineup. Rivera isn’t playing 3rd base like he has been. The 51s were officially eliminated from playoff contention. Cecchini will play in the Arizona Fall League as he starts to learn some second base. Nimmo continues to lead the PCL in hitting with Rivera his closest competitor.
Altoona Curve 9 (Pittsburgh), Binghamton Mets 4 (62-73) Box Score
- Phillip Evans 3B 2 for 4, HR, K .330/.368/.468
- Amed Rosario SS 1 for 4, SB, 2 K .323/.373/.469
- Dominic Smith 1B 2 for 4, RBI .303/.370/.460
Rosario had a rough August (for his standards), with a hamstring injury, and a .290/.337/.409 slash with 27 strikeouts in 23 games. Smith on the other hand had a great August, with a .379/.463/.534, including 10 doubles, 2 homers, and a 17/10 BB/K ratio. Champ Stuart swiped his 39th base of the year.
Those looking for Dickey 2.0 in Jannis may have to wait a bit longer. Paez, who dominated the Florida State League, has been struggling horribly in Double-A.
Columbia Fireflies 5 (64-71), West Virginia Power 4 (Pittsburgh) Box Score
- Dale Burdick 2B 2 for 5, 2B, RBI, K .227/.295/.378
- Eudor Garcia 3B 3 for 4, 2B, HR, 2 RBI .273/.330/.433
Burdick is hitting .342 in his last 10 games and delivered the walk-off double. Garcia is still hitting for some intriguing power down in Low-A, and hit .316/.373/.480 in August
- Luis De Los Santos RHP 5.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K 3.52 ERA
What a year for De Los Santos, he started in the DSL, then pitched in the Gulf Coast League, and has gotten three appearances at Low-A. Nice job.
Brooklyn Cyclones 9 (35-36), Auburn Doubledays 2 (Washington) Box Score
- Luis Carpio DH 1 for 4, BB .080/.281/.180
- Desmond Lindsay CF 3 for 5, 2B, RBI .316/.444/.495
- Anthony Dimino 1B 3 for 5, 2B .375/.444/.458
Dimino has filled in pretty well for the injured Peter Alonso. The team has nothing but rave reviews for the 23 year old catcher/first baseman. Lindsay has some of the best upside in the Mets system, and you’ll see it a bit in the next year.
- Harol Gonzalez RHP 7 IP, 9 H, 2 ER, 4 K 1.66 ERA
Gonzalez needs 11 more strikeouts to tie Brad Holt for Cyclones single-season record, set back in 2008. Our own Jacob Resnick broke the news that the Mets were trading Brooklyn starter Erik Manoah to the Angels which the Mets announced later was for reliever Fernando Salas.
Kingsport Mets 2 (26-41), Bristol Pirates 1 Box Score
Maria provided a lot of the pop and most of the offense for the K-Mets, and hit a walk-off single in the 10th.
- Adonis Uceta RHP 8 IP, 6 H, ER, BB, 8 K 4.99 ERA
Uceta has gone into the eighth and has struck out eight twice in his last three starts.