Las Vegas (74-62) was swept this weekend by Round Rock Express cutting their division lead of El Paso to a game and a half with a four game series against the Chihuahuas starting today.
- Friday: Round Rock 4, Las Vegas 1 Box Score Brandon Nimmo returned coming in to play defense in the 6th inning after Darrell Ceciliani looked to suffer a hamstring injury. Ceciliani was placed on the 7-day disabled list the following day. Kevin Plawecki hit his .first homerun of the year for the 51’s which you can see here. Vic Black and Alex Torres combined to walk five hitters in one inning.
- Saturday: Round Rock 4, Las Vegas 1 Box Score Nimmo was 2-3 while playing right field and batting 9th, it was released that he was hit in face with ball during batting practice which is why he had been out of the lineup. Eric Young Jr was 1-2 with two walks and a stolen base.
- Sunday: Round Rock 5, Las Vegas 3 Box Score Travis Taijeron was 2-4 with a two-run homerun for his 24th of the season. EY was 2-4 with a walk while playing center field and leading off. Dillon Gee allowed two earned runs in 6 innings and struck out ten.
Binghamton (73-60) 2-1 this weekend in their series vs. New Hampshire and have lowered their magic number for a playoff spot down to five with the Trenton Thunder trailing them for second place.
- Friday: B’Mets 1, NH 0 F/11 Box Score Jared King won the game with a walk-off sac fly scoring pinch runner Gilbert Gomez to end the game. L.J. Mazzilli was 2-4 with a walk. Matt Koch pitched seven scoreless innings in his last appearance in Mets organization before being traded for Addison Reed. Paul Sewald pitch two scoreless lowering his ERA to 1.68 for the year.
- Saturday: B’Mets 6, NH 3 Box Score Brock Peterson had three hits and three RBI out of the four spot in the lineup. Mazzilli reached was 2-4 with a walk, triple, and run scored. Josh Smoker gave up a run on a hit and walk in his inning of work.
- Sunday: NH 5, B’Mets 3 Box Score Robert Gsellman pitched 6 innings allowing one earned run on seven hits while striking out two and walking no one. He the 83 pitches with 54 strike and lowered his AA ERA to 3.02. Akeel Morris pitched two scoreless inning with three strikeouts, he has now allowed only two runs on eleven hits in his last 23 innings. Jeff Walters pitched a scoreless inning and has now struck out 16 and given up three runs in 15.1 IP for Binghamton.
- Gavin Cecchini was named the Eastern League Rookie of The Year as well as being named to the end of year All-Star Roster. Josh Rodriguez and former B’Met Michael Fulmer were also named to the All-Star team. Fulmer was also named the Eastern League Pitcher of the Year.
St. Lucie (66-65) split two games against Palm Beach and had their third on Sunday rained out. They will play a doubleheader today starting at 4:00 PM.
- Friday: Palm Beach 5, Mets 2 Box Score Dominic Smith was 2-3 with a walk, two runs scored, and his 33rd double of the season. Jeff McNeil was 1-3 with a walk.
- Saturday: Mets 3, Palm Beach 2 Box Score Matt Oberste ended the game with a walk-off single scoring Champ Stuart. Smith was 2-3 with a walk and his league leading 79th RBI of the year. McNeil went 1-4 with his 39th RBI and is currently 2nd in Florida State League with his .316 average. Reliever Kyle Regnault pitched two perfect inning with three strikeouts to pick up the win and lower his ERA to 1.98 for St. Lucie
Savannah (79-49) won two games this weekend to move to 22-1-1 since August 2nd. They already clinched a playoff birth after winning first half division and have lowered their magic number to four to win the divioson again in second half.
- Friday: Sand Gnats 6, Asheville 4 Box Score Josh Prevost pitched 7 innings giving up three runs to pick up his 6th win and lower his ERA to 3.76 for the year. Eudor Garcia was 2-4 and Wuilmer Becerra was 1-5 with a double and his 57th RBI
- Saturday: Sand Gnats 2, Augusta 0 F/5 Box Score Martires Arias pitched a rain-shortened complete game shutout allowing two hits and a walk while striking out six. He moved to 8-5 with a 2.29 ERA overall this year. Becerra was 2-3 with his 58th RBI and is now hitting .298/.352/.438 for the season.
Brooklyn (31-36) lost two of three games this weekend to fall four games out of first place and see their elimination number hit four.
- Friday: Aberdeen 5, Cyclones 2 Box Score Reliever P.J. Conlon pitched a perfect inning with two strikeouts to extend his scoreless streak to 15 innings to start his pro career. David Thompson was 1-4 and Vinny Siena was 0-2 with two walks and a run scored. Desmond Lindsay went 0-4 with two strikeouts.
- Saturday: Cyclones 10, Aberdeen 2 Box Score Tyler Badamo picked up his fourth in going 6 innings allowing one earned run on five hits while striking out three and lowering his ERA to 3.21 for the year. Zach Mathieu was 3-4 with two runs scored, three RBI, double and his 3rd homerun. Siena was 3-4 with a run scored and Thompson was 0-3 with a sac fly. Brandon Brosher went 2-4 with two RBI, two runs scored, and a RBI. Lindsay was 0-3 with a walk and run scored.
- Sunday: Tri City 13, Cyclones 4 Box Score Mathieu was 2-4 with three RBI, double, and his fourth homerun. Thompson was 1-3 with a RBI, run scored, and his 10th double. Lindsay was 1-4 and is batting just .118 to start his career with Brooklyn
Kingsport (39-27) clinched the Western Division title on Friday night with a 9-6 victory in 10 innings over Elizabethton and went 3-0 over the weekend
Milton Ramos was 5-9 with two RBI over the weekend and has 12 hits in his last five games. Patrick Mazeika was 1-3 with three walks, RBI, and two runs scored before getting Saturday and Sunday off. Kevin Kaczmarski was 3-8 with three runs scored and his 4th pro homerun while extending his hitting streak to 15 games. Dash Winningham went 3-10 and got a breather on Saturday. Luis Carpio was 2-8 with two walks.
GCL Mets (27-32) had their season end on Friday with a 5-2 loss to the Nationals.