Last Night’s Quick Scores
- Las Vegas wins big behind four home runs to defeat Salt Lake, 11-6.
- Binghamton bounces back and defeats Trenton, 6-1.
- St. Lucie scheduled to play doubleheader against Daytona, both games postponed due to rain.
- Savannah drops rubber game to Augusta, 5-2.
- Brooklyn loses to Vermont, 5-2.
- Kingsport loses two to Burlington; scheduled game, 3-2 and make-up game 7-2.
- Rafael Montero, in only his second appearance with Vegas since returning from the DL, struggled in five innings, allowing five runs, on six hits, while walking one and striking out six.
- In his first game since returning to Vegas from the Mets, Kirk Nieuwenhuis went 3 for 4 and launched a big three run homer in the 7th to put the 51s in the lead for good.
- Allan Dykstra finishes 4 for 4, with three runs scored and hits his 14th home run on the season.
- Greg Peavey pitches eight innings, allowing one run on five hits, one walk, strikes out seven and earns his eighth victory for the B-Mets.
- Dilson Herrera was hitless in Binghamton’s win and ends his hit streak at 12 games.
- T.J. Rivera was 2 for 4 and has hit safely in 8 of last 10 games, batting .389 (14 for 36) in that span.
- Michael Conforto went 2 for 4, with a double on Friday night and has recorded at least one hit in all seven games he has played in to start his pro career. In that span he is batting .407 (11 for 27) with four doubles.
Organizational Pitching Leaders
Fun Events On The Farm
On August 4th “The Muppets Take Coney Island” and MCU Park will host the Kermit, Animal, Gonzo, Miss Piggy and more pic.twitter.com/8ic4DlcRXr
— Brooklyn Cyclones (@BKCyclones) July 23, 2014