As we enter week three of the season, here are some of the early results from our revamped offense in 2014:
- The Mets have a .610 OPS as a team which ranks 30 (last) in the Major Leagues.
- The Mets have 10 home runs as a team which ranks 25 in the Major Leagues.
- The Mets have a .283 OBP as a team which ranks 28 in the Major Leagues.
- Lucas Duda leads the team with three home runs. No other player has more than one.
- Cleanup hitter Curtis Granderson is batting .159/.288/.318 in 44 at-bats with 15 strikeouts.
- Leadoff hitter Eric Young is batting .186 and leads the team with 17 strikeouts.
- Travis d’Arnaud is now batting .152/.222/.273 with a .495 OPS.
- David Wright is batting .229/.296/.313 with a .609 OPS in 53 plate appearances.
Nobody expected the Mets to become the juggernauts of the NL East overnight when they added Curtis Granderson and Chris Young this offseason.
But by the same token nobody expected an appalling start to the season like this either.
They now head to a band box in Chase Field where maybe they can hopefully ignite what has been an MLB worst offense thus far.