Somehow, the Miami Marlins are playing worse than they were expected to. As it stands right now, the Martlins are 6-19. That’s a .240 winning percentage, which is even worse than the Astros, who are at .280 this season. On offense, the Marlins are dead last in baseball in runs scored, OPS, and home runs, among other categories. They are scoring only about 2.7 runs per game, and their pitching staff hasn’t been much better. [...]
The Mets begin their second series of the season against the new-look Miami Marlins today, in the first game of what will be a three-game set. The Marlins, for the second offseason in a row, blew up what they had and started over. Last winter was a little different, as the Marlins were the team adding expensive talent. Now, it’s as if they’re begging teams to take any major league caliber player off their roster. [...]
Remember a few years back when the Braves were rolling to 14 straight division titles, and the Mets seemingly lost 80% of their games against Atlanta? Thankfully time and Atlanta’s mediocrity for a few years has evened that back out, but now the Mets have a new regular nemesis–the Florida Marlins. The Mets, who lost 11 of 18 games against Florida last season, are so far 4-8 against them this season, including losses in Puerto [...]
As we all sit back and wait for Omar Minaya to make that blockbuster trade or signing, only to see him sign more mediocre players, reality is starting to set in. If this hot stove pattern continues — and I’m sorry, Minaya has given us no reason to believe otherwise – the Mets in 2010 could easily be a fourth place team, and maybe even fifth. First of all, the Phillies are not exactly going [...]
- Coach Mike: on When Will We See Wilmer Flores?: Collins likes guys who have no emotions...
- DrDooby: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: I did post about a very bright...
- DrDooby: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: Dickey was the first cut in spring...
- Metsie: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: LOL isn't he the guy who said...
- Connor O'Brien: on When Will We See Wilmer Flores?: "where we see nothing but white" Untrue "we’re looking...