Mets historians will recall how former GM Frank Cashen declared, ““those who contribute the least spray the most champagne” after being doused by reliever Randy Niemann during the 1986 NLCS championship celebration. I think it’s time to take that mantra when it comes to Jordany Valdespin, except those that contribute the least shouldn’t be made the story. With Twitter, Facebook and blogs – both mainstream and otherwise – available throughout the 24/7/365 news cycle, it’s impossible to […]
Mack from Mack’s Mets spoke to Steven Matz who will be shutdown for the rest of the 2011 season. Matz: - Hey Mack, yeah, my season is definitely going to be over. I was back in simulated games in May, and I seemed to be fine. My velocity on all my pitches was back and even a little higher, but it started to hurt again. I got a second opinion from Dr Andrews and he said its just […]
Yesterday the inevitable news broke that the Mets and Francisco Rodriguez (K-Rod) came to a settlement after K-Rod attacked his girlfriend’s father. The results of the settlement means that K-Rod is now off the disqualified list and his contract is still guaranteed. In turn the Mets will not pay K-Rod his 2010 salary of 3.1 million dollars. If his option vests next year, he will still get paid $29 million dollars for the next two seasons. I guess this […]
- Just Some Internet Guy You Dont Know: on Thoughts On The Improbable Gardner For Murphy Swap: Can't wait for this stupid and unlikely...
- Brandon Young: on Thoughts On The Improbable Gardner For Murphy Swap: Imagine Murphs #'s in Yankee stadium, with...
- Joey Vito: on Featured Post: Don’t Give Up On Ike Davis: "Davis will be back to his good...
- the mad met: on Alderson Clarifies Earlier Statement On $85 Million Payroll: How about tradeing florez and montero for...
- the mad met: on Thoughts On The Improbable Gardner For Murphy Swap: Omg stop trading murphy !!! Its madness....
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!