First off, hat tip to the 7Line.com for the title of this article, it was just too fitting not to use. Usually I watch the Mets play upstairs, in the bedroom. I don’t mind it to be honest; it allots me some relaxation from my day. Even though my wife isn’t much of a baseball fan, she does tolerate my screaming at the television for reasons she has the slightest clue about. Last night there [...]
Take a look at the headline above. This was the back page of Saturday’s edition of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. See anything intersting? See it twice? Apparently, the writers and/or editorial staff of the newspaper don’t think Johan Santana earned his no-hitter, the first thrown by a Met in 8,020 regular season games. They claim the blown call by third base umpire Adrian Johnson on Carlos Beltran’s screaming liner caused Santana to pitch a tainted [...]
Dillon Gee gave the Mets a glimmer of hope in throwing the team’s first-ever no-hitter. However, like so many hopefuls before him, Gee fell short of making history. Though there have been some heartbreaking possible no-hit efforts in Mets history, the last two have been particularly hard to swallow, since the opposing team’s pitcher broke up the bid. How fitting that former Met Livan Hernandez was the culprit this time? While he’s been a good [...]
- Neil: on MMO Exclusive: A Look Inside The Mets Dominican Complex: Jose, Jose, Jose, Jose
- Matt Balasis: on It’s Not The Approach That’s The Mets’ Problem, It’s The Execution: sorry ... wrong poster.
- Matt Balasis: on It’s Not The Approach That’s The Mets’ Problem, It’s The Execution: Alex, The Rangers and Yankees (among other high...
- TexasGusCC: on If Zack Wheeler Is In, Then Who’s Out?: It should be Marcum. But, who...
- Matt Balasis: on It’s Not The Approach That’s The Mets’ Problem, It’s The Execution: Major, "trying a 1 size fits all approach"...