Welcome to the second installment of Where Are They Now?, where we take a Mets roster and check in on what the players have done since last playing in Queens. Last week, we looked at the 2010 Mets, so this week we go back a year and look at the 2009 team, the first year the Mets played their home games at Citi Field. That season, Jerry Manuel led his squad to a 70-92 record, […]
The Mets have released 40-year-old rookie reliever Ken Takahashi on Tuesday. Hopefully, it’s just the begining of an ambitious house cleaning and a prelude to some much needed change on this roster as we shift the focus to 2010. Takahashi was 0-1 with a 2.96 ERA in 28 relief appearances. He wasn’t exactly as good as his ERA might indicate as he allowed a great deal of inheritted runners to score which only served to […]
The Mets played a Monday matinee at Citi Field today and Bobby Parnell pitched well…to every hitter not named Ryan Howard. Howard hit two home runs off Parnell to score the first five runs of the game for the Phillies. That was all the offense they needed as they were able to defeat the Mets by the final score of 6-2. The loss was the third straight for the Mets to the Phillies after winning […]
Jeff Francoeur is getting an MRI on his left thumb this morning, after injuring it while making a diving catch the half-inning before he hit into the unassisted triple play Sunday. The thumb swelled Sunday night. Francoeur will be out of the lineup for Monday’s game and let’s hope that’s all he will miss. Francoeur is hitting .305 with 6 homeruns and 24 RBIs with the Mets, leading all active players. He will be […]
David Lennon of Newsday is reporting that Ken Takahashi may not be a sure thing to start on Friday as was first reported by Omar Minaya and Jerry Manuel. Lennon writes, It looks like the Mets may have changed their minds on starting Ken Takahashi for Friday’s game against the Pirates. Takahashi did not throw his scheduled side session today and was cryptic in his conversation with reporters afterward. General manager Omar Minaya also was […]
- JimmyBX: on Mets Sign Bartolo Colon To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal: He's devising some grand scheme for making...
- Hotstreak: on Featured Post: Could Kemp Be The Finishing Touch To Powerful Mets Lineup?: FYI http://www.thegoodphight.com/2013/12/9/5192574/trade-rumors-phillies-actively-shopping-domonic-brown
- VinfromJersey: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: Bien fait... El Sid !
- Hotstreak: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: Don't kid yourself Wright and Grandy have...
- Scottydoeskno328: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: The fear I have with this signing...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!