Sure, we’re all thrilled that the Mets continued their Opening Day dominance on Monday with a win over the Marlins to start the 2010 season. It was a very complete performance with Johan Santana, Fernando Nieve and K-Rod holding the Marlins to one run; and our hitters, starting with David Wright belting a first-inning two-run homer against our nemesis Josh Johnson, delivering enough runs to make it a rout. Newcomers Jason Bay, Gary Matthews Jr. [...]
Seeing highlights of Nationals’ pitcher Stephen Strasburg from yesterday’s game against Detroit bummed me out just a little. I love watching great pitchers do their thing, and it’s especially exciting to see young pitchers like Strasburg break into the bigs and blow hitters away. But I’m just a bit bummed out, because he’s in the Mets’ division and will most likely be facing our team a lot over the next few years. I’m bummed out [...]
Last week, when Johan Santana was asked by a reporter who the best pitcher in the NL East was, without hesitation he replied, “Santana”. A couple of days later after the Phillies Jimmy Rollins caught wind of it, he disagreed and said the number one pitcher in the NL East is Roy Halladay. Take off your Mets blinders momentarily, and tell us who you think is the best pitcher in the NL East. I decided [...]
As we all sit back and wait for Omar Minaya to make that blockbuster trade or signing, only to see him sign more mediocre players, reality is starting to set in. If this hot stove pattern continues — and I’m sorry, Minaya has given us no reason to believe otherwise – the Mets in 2010 could easily be a fourth place team, and maybe even fifth. First of all, the Phillies are not exactly going [...]
I was thinking last night as the Mets had a comfortable three-run lead, that maybe, just maybe they have turned a corner and that I can write something positive today. But in the back of my mind I was thinking that a 3-run lead with a (let’s face it) still-shaky bullpen was not going to hold up against the Marlins.
- Russell's Mets: on Gee Roughed Up As Braves Shutout The Mets 6-0: Funny, the Cardinals have no problem having...
- three blind mice: on Gee Roughed Up As Braves Shutout The Mets 6-0: “if it’s not the starter it’s a...
- Carlos Gomez: on Gee Roughed Up As Braves Shutout The Mets 6-0: You could have me in centerfield, but...
- Carlos Gomez: on Gee Roughed Up As Braves Shutout The Mets 6-0: I bet you'd like me in centerfield...
- Doug: on Gee Roughed Up As Braves Shutout The Mets 6-0: Wow! He left a 35 year old...