According to David Waldstein of the NY Times, the Mets are trying to void their waiver claim on left-handed pitcher Jay Marshall, who has not reported to camp because of a pre-existing shoulder injury. Jay Marshall, a left-handed reliever the Mets claimed off waivers from the Oakland Athletics last month, did not report to camp because of a sore shoulder. The Mets said it was a pre-existing injury and asked the commissioner’s office to void the claim [...]
Today, the Mets claimed LHP Jay Marshall off waivers from the Oakland Athletics after they designated him for assignment on Wednesday. The 26-year-old left-hander was 0-2 with a 14.73 ERA in 10 relief appearances last season for the A’s, but was slowed and hampered by shoulder tendinitis. He fared much better in the minors where he went 5-3 with seven saves and a 3.20 ERA in 50 games with Triple-A Sacramento. The Mets could use [...]
- Alex68: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: So now Wheeler is Matt Harvey? Are...
- jessep: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: Just an FYI, Matt Harvey's worst year...
- Alex68: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: Hey, where is the SHOUTBOX!
- Alex68: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: Yeap, Forget wins and losses, forget his...
- Major Mofongo: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: Bingo !