I’m standing in my kitchen the other evening pouring myself a bowl of Corn Pops (my favorite) and prattling excitedly to my wife, “So when I was talking to Sandy Alderson earlier …” and I stop mid-sentence staring at the cereal box. She looked at me reading my mind. “You realize what you just said?” She asked. “I know,” I replied. “I should pinch myself.” Earlier in the day I wanted to do a lot [...]
Early afternoon at Target Field. Jon Niese taking an early jog around the the park. Terry Collins and Sandy Alderson watching batting practice at Target Field. Marlon Byrd is waiting for his turn to take some hacks. None of the players goof off whenever Jay Horwitz is close by. Justin Turner says, “Hey you’re Metsmerized… I know you guys!” Sandy glares right at me and says, ”There’s those crazy guys from MMO again.” Here is a [...]
Ah yes, today’s stories can be summed up in 140 characters or less — if you live and work in the #Twitter universe. For New York Mets fans this means direct access to Ike Davis, Justin Turner, Zack Wheeler, Matt Harvey, Jordany Valdespin and even Mets GM Sandy Alderson … well, sometimes, Alderson posted a tweet in August, took a six-month hiatus, then posted another tweet as Spring Training camp opened. I guess access is a [...]
If you watched last night’s game against the Nationals, you may have noticed the K-Cards that a group of fans were hanging as Johan Santana collected his 10 strikeouts. Well, leave it to the Mets to take the fun out of Citi Field once again. David Lennon of Newsday explains: Johan Santana’s 10 strikeouts Friday nearly got three graduate students from Syosset kicked out of Citi Field for posting K cards on the leftfield facade. [...]
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Hotstreak: on Juan Lagares Belts First MLB Homer In Mets 4-3 Comeback Win: Nice win and John; excellant wrap up....
- RandomGuy: on Juan Lagares Belts First MLB Homer In Mets 4-3 Comeback Win: It's crazy, guy worked forever to try...
- RandomGuy: on Juan Lagares Belts First MLB Homer In Mets 4-3 Comeback Win: Looks like the "They Said It" section,...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Rafael Montero To Make Spot Start For Las Vegas: LOL
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Juan Lagares Belts First MLB Homer In Mets 4-3 Comeback Win: Scott Rices destiny under Collins is replacing...