I wrote a piece last October questioning whether the Mets should take a shot on Grady Sizemore. He should be fully recovered from knee injuries now, and could be signed on a minor league deal. Why not take a shot? I’m not talking about making Sizemore the main signing this off-season, I’m talking about taking a shot on a player that could be had relatively cheap, and potentially be this year’s version of Marlon Byrd. […]
Over the past week and a half, the Hot Stove has been slowly heating up; with a top heavy free agent class, it will take a while for the market to form for players like Pujols, Fielder, Reyes, and Wilson. As we move closer to the Winter Meetings, the market for these top tier free agents will become clearer. For the time being, there have been some deals finalized between some free agents and between […]
Buster Olney of ESPN.com reported that the Tampa Bay Rays will “probably” trade B.J. Upton over the offseason. The Rays came close to dealing their center fielder to the Washington Nationals prior to the trade deadline, but weren’t able to agree on the pieces before time ran out. Upton made $4.825 million in 2011 and is due for a raise in what will be his final year of arbitration. The Rays currently have Desmond Jennings waiting in the […]
- El Sid: on Home Plate Collisions, May Be A Thing Of The Past: There are so few decent major league...
- the mad met: on Mets Select Right-Handers Seth Rosin, Jon Velasquez, Could Deal Rosin: Hope fully with the blue jays would...
- Sloatsburg Mets Fan: on Mets Select Right-Handers Seth Rosin, Jon Velasquez, Could Deal Rosin: I get the major league portion but...
- El Sid: on MMO Exclusive: David Wright Can Deal With The Pressure: Something folks aren't considering for a better...
- Spanky: on Home Plate Collisions, May Be A Thing Of The Past: "Players are a lot bigger and stronger...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!