After two consecutive reaches in the first round, the Mets went bold with this year’s first-round pick Dominic Smith from Serra High School in California. Smith, 18, has a very high upside, and is regarded by many experts as the top hitter in the draft. With a solid glove, a great hit tool, and the possibility of Thanks to the new slotting system, Smith signed early, much like Gavin Cecchini did last year, allowing him to get some significant […]
19-year-old shortstop Gavin Cecchini‘s 16 game hit streak came to an end on Monday night after he went 0-3 in game one of a doubleheader against the Staten Island Yankees. Cecchini was one game shy of tying the Cyclone team record set by Lucas Duda in 2007. The Mets top pick in the 2012 First Year Player Draft, Cecchini is hitting .302 this season with ten RBI’s and two stolen bases in 151 plate appearances. Out of all […]
At just 19-years old, shortstop Gavin Cecchini is now beginning to deliver on some of the potential some that led the Mets to select him with their top pick (12th overall) in the 2012 First Year Play Draft. Last night for the Brooklyn Cyclones, Cecchini went 1-for-4 with walk to extend his hitting streak to 14 straight games. During that span, the Louisiana native is batting .379/.403/.448 and overall for the season he’s at .289/.321/.344 […]
Brooklyn Cyclones’ righty reliever Johnny Magliozzi had no thrown more than a single inning at any time this summer. But with the game on the line in the top of the eighth, Cyclones’ manager Rich Donnelly called on the reliever to get the final six outs. Magliozzi came through in dominant fashion as Brooklyn held on for a 6-4 win Friday evening at MCU Park over the Vermont Lake Monsters, the Single-A short season affiliate […]
It was hockey jersey night at MCU Park in Coney Island Wednesday evening, and the Brooklyn Cyclones waited until well into the third period – also known as the bottom of the eighth inning – to wake up from a game-long drought and earn a 3-1 victory over the Hudson Valley Renegades. The win moves the Cyclones to 27-26 and just one game behind the McNamara Division-leading Aberdeen Ironbirds, who defeated the Staten Island Yankees […]
Brooklyn 9, State College 2 Brooklyn tied its season high mark in runs scored, beating the State College Spikes 9-2. L.J. Mazzilli led the charge tonight going 4-for-5, with two runs scored and two RBI. State College took the lead in the top of the third inning in one of the more bizarre plays you will eve see. Steven Ramos laid a bunt down the first base line and Carlos Valdez went to throw to first but Ramos was called safe. Alex […]
1. Noah Syndergaard, RHP Status: Hot Thor continues to stay hot as he makes Eastern League hitters extremely frustrated every time he takes the mound. He was dominant on August 4th against Harrisburg, allowing two hits, one walk, and three strikeouts in five shutout innings. He’s now 5-0 with a 1.98 ERA, 1.00 WHIP, and 49 strikeouts in 41 innings pitched. Between Binghamton and St. Lucie, he now has a single-season career-high in innings pitched (104.2). […]
Gavin Cecchini suffered an ankle injury on July 3rd against the Staten Island Yankees, and has missed most of the month trying to get healthy. His journey back to the lineup appears to be over: Cyclones Gavin Cecchini will be in the lineup tomorrow. #Mets — Jessica Quiroli (@heelsonthefield) July 26, 2013 Cecchini was off to a slow start in Brooklyn as the starting shortstop for the Cyclones. Prior to his injury, he appeared in […]
The Brooklyn Cyclones are inching closer to the .500 mark as the team notched its third straight win with a 4-3 victory over the Lowell Spinners – the Single-A short season affiliate of the Boston Red Sox – Monday night at MCU Park in Coney Island. It took a late eighth-inning comeback, but the Cyclones were able to scratch out the win, moving them to 9-12 on the season. Brooklyn was able to get the […]
- Old School Mets Fan: on Examining Sandy’s Off-Season Signings… So Far: Overall you give the offseason a B...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Bartolo Colon Agrees To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal With Mets: Metsie EXATLY! I posted this EXACT thing above...
- Gonzo69: on Hold The Champagne: Who did Pittsburgh lose to become worse???
- JimmyBX: on Examining Sandy’s Off-Season Signings… So Far: Are you REALLY trying to give me...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Bartolo Colon Agrees To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal With Mets: EASY! Something you will learn in 14-15yrs from...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!