AL Central At A Glance Detroit Tigers: The odds on favorite to win the World Series, the Tigers aren’t just a big fish in small pond, they’re like a shark in a puddle. It took them a while in 2012 to remember they’re the Tigers, only overtaking the White Sox in late September and spending 33 days in first place, but one of those was October 4th, and that’s all that counted. Victor Martinez is [...]
I was inspired to write this post based on something I read in an article by Tyler Kepner of the NY Times this morning. Longoria, 23, is in the second year of a contract that could run for nine years and cost the Rays about $45 million. Rodriguez, 33, is in the second year of a contract that will run for 10 years and could cost the Yankees $305 million. I don’t know how many [...]
It’s amazing to me how some people not only try to play armchair general manager, but how they can make some absolutely idiotic trade proposals. On LoHud.com yesterday, a dude named “80s Joel” proposed that the Mets trade David Wright to the Rays for Evan Longoria.
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/16/2013
- Brendan: on Mets Lose A 2-1 Heartbreaker After A Braves Two-Run Blast In The Ninth: The more I see the Mets hitting...
- RKH: on Wilpon Joins Alderson In Painting A Better Tomorrow, But I Need More Than Just Talk: Well this certainly is not good news....
- DrDooby: on Mets Lose A 2-1 Heartbreaker After A Braves Two-Run Blast In The Ninth: If the Mets were contending, then yes...
- DrDooby: on Wilpon Joins Alderson In Painting A Better Tomorrow, But I Need More Than Just Talk: From 1989 where things started to derail...
- Lareplus: on Mets Lose A 2-1 Heartbreaker After A Braves Two-Run Blast In The Ninth: Terry should have brought in Parnell. ....