Yes I know Opening Day is about three months away yet I found myself daydreaming during the Curtis Granderson introductory press conference yesterday. Who/what could I be daydreaming about you may ask? Was it Jennifer Love Hewitt ? No. Was it Jessica Alba in a string bikini ? Nope . Could it be about the ’71 Dodge Demon 340 that I lusted over since I was 13 ? Nuh-uh. Then what could it be that […]
Jose Valentin was ninety feet from home. Endy Chavez was on second representing the tying run. Pinch-runner Anderson Hernandez was on first. Bases loaded, 2 outs, bottom of the 9th. The Mets trailed 3-1. A base hit would tie it, a double would send us to the World Series against Detroit. 56,357 fanatics screamed and cheered and proudly shouted Let’s Go Mets as Carlos Beltran walked to the plate. 41 HR’s, 116 RBI’s and 38 […]
It’s only been six games for Juan Lagares who is working on his bat in the Dominican Winter League, but so far the early results have been incredible for the young center fielder. Last night, Lagares went 3-for-4 with two RBI and two stolen bases to raise his average to .375 for the season with a .777 OPS. The Dominican native has hit in six straight games for Las Aguilas and has eleven hits in […]
Nick asks… Is Juan Lagares an everyday player? He seems more like a Endy Chavez defensive substitute type to me, but I keep hearing that he has a hold on the everyday center field job. Do you think his bat will develop or will we see the same offensive production we saw last season? Any idea what kind of numbers we should look forward to? Teddy replies… I don’t think Lagares is a defensive substitute […]
39. Patrick Biondi, OF Height: 5’9” Weight: 160 LBs DOB: 1/9/1991 (22 years old) Bats/Throws: Left/Right Hit: 40/50 Power: 20/25 Arm: 55/55 Field: 60/60 Speed: 55/65 A 2013 draft pick for the Mets, Biondi was a senior sign grabbed in the 9th round. He’s a bit on the smaller side, standing at 5’9”, but his body type is that of your prototypical speedster. It’s very likely that Biondi will barely hit for any power down […]
In 2005, the Mets fan was generally an optimistic one. Sure, we as fans were still getting over the bitter Subway Series defeat. Yet, the idea that somebody fresh and new was coming in to take over the Mets and build a team around our two young potential stars in Jose Reyes and David Wright allowed any Mets fan I know to be patient, but more importantly optimistic. The ideas of a “plan”, or value […]
Lucas Duda has moved into the third and final stage of his rehab from a strained intercostal muscle. He appeared as a pinch hitter in last night’s 5-2 win over the Memphis Cardinals, walking in his only plate appearance. Judging by how he’s performed thus far in the Gulf Coast League and Florida State League, he may be with Ruben Tejada in Triple-A for an extended period of time. It also helps that the big league outfield is […]
It seems you just can’t watch the evening sports reports these days without hearing about how yet another Yankee “great” has landed himself on the disabled list. This week it was Mark Teixeira. The longtime Yankee first baseman will miss eight to ten weeks after an injury suffered while hitting balls off a tee during a workout for the World Baseball Classic. Teixeira will join Curtis Granderson and Alex Rodriguez with longterm DL stints once the season […]
Man, 2006 feels like so long ago now. That season was the most exciting one I have witnessed since the World Series run in 2000. The Mets were a juggernaut. We had swagger, power, pitching, speed. We had a attitude and everyone hated us, especially when Reyes, Delgado, and others would dance on the field. Remember the slogan? “The Team. The Time. The Mets.” Remember how much we loved Willie Randolph? We thought he was […]
- Captain America: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: I think the SS comes from zona
- JimmyBX: on Mets Sign Bartolo Colon To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal: He's devising some grand scheme for making...
- Hotstreak: on Featured Post: Could Kemp Be The Finishing Touch To Powerful Mets Lineup?: FYI http://www.thegoodphight.com/2013/12/9/5192574/trade-rumors-phillies-actively-shopping-domonic-brown
- VinfromJersey: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: Bien fait... El Sid !
- Hotstreak: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: Don't kid yourself Wright and Grandy have...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!