1. Zack Wheeler, RHP Status: Hot The MMN top prospect heading into 2013 enjoyed his most dominant start of his young MLB career on July 10th against the San Francisco Giants. He was in control for most of the game, throwing plenty of first pitch strikes, using his fastball wisely, and keeping his pitch count down.Wheeler went a career-high seven innings, allowing one run on three hits, three walks, and five strikeouts. In five big league […]
In response to which young arm or arms the Mets should trade for a bat this trade deadline or offseason… I actually believe that Rafael Montero is the least likely to be traded among all pitching prospects in the organization right now, at least as long as this front office is in place. There´s a pretty obvious pattern. The front office wants pitchers who throw a lot of strikes and control the strike-zone. They want […]
Last Night’s Quick Scores Las Vegas snuck by Fresno, 2-1. Binghamton shutout New Hampshire, 6-0. St. Lucie lost the first game of their doubleheader against Charlotte, 2-1. The second game was rained out. Savannah shut down Kannapolis, 5-0. Both DSL Mets1 and Mets2 won their first games to begin the 2013 DSL. Prospect Pipeline A trio of top pitching prospects took the mound for the Mets organization yesterday: Zack Wheeler, Rafael Montero, and Domingo Tapia. […]
Last Night’s Quick Scores Las Vegas beat Salt Lake, 6-5. Binghamton lost to Portland, 10-9. Savannah slammed Augusta, 6-5. St. Lucie defeated Dunedin, 8-5. Prospect Pipeline Domingo Tapia could not even make it out of the first inning yesterday and struggled mightily in his return from the DL. His velocity was still there in bounds, touching 96 MPH with ease frequently in the first, but he was unable to find his command. Perhaps he left […]
Last Night’s Quick Scores Las Vegas got blanked by Iowa, 4-0. Binghamton was shutout by New Britain, 1-0. Savannah slid by Augusta, 3-1. St. Lucie defeated Dunedin, 8-5. Prospect Pipeline Jenrry Mejia made his second rehab start last night in St. Lucie and impressed with eight strikeouts over five innings. We were all curious as to how he would come back in terms of velocity, command, and the break on his pitches. Six of his […]
Last Night’s Quick Scores Las Vegas defeated Albuquerque, 4-3. Binghamton was rained out. St. Lucie was also rained out. Savannah took down Rome, 3-2. Prospect Pipeline Well…he did it again. I’ve been hesistant with Zack Wheeler since the beginning of the 2013 season, but I can hold nothing else against the young man. He is pitching like an ace – with veteran like poise on the mound and in a hitter’s league, no less. I had […]
St. Lucie 1, Daytona 0 If you like good pitching as much as I do, then you can understand why I have little reason to dislike Domingo Tapia. The young hurler was dominant again on Sunday, where he tossed six shutout frames while allowing just two hits. He walked three and struck out four in what can only be looked at as yet another step in the right direction for the young man. Of course, […]
Tampa 7, St. Lucie 3 Continuing a suspended game from last night, the St. Lucie Mets started the game down a run and never came back, losing to the Tampa Yankees by a final score of 7-3. Domingo Tapia had the start yesterday, however after pitching one inning, the game was called due to rain and lightning. His day officially ended with the Mets prospect surrendering one run on no hits while walking one. He […]
Welcome to the first post in a weekly series called “Who’s Hot, Who’s Not,” in which we look at the hottest and coldest players in the Mets’ minor league system from the past week. Here’s a look back at the week that was. NOTE: Stats are from April 20 through April 27. Who’s Hot Jayce Boyd 1B (SAV)- Boyd has come out of nowhere this season, hitting .405/.490/.583 through his first 22 games with two […]
- oleosmirf: on The Beat Goes On: Reporters Weigh In On Amazins’: My guess would be this is a...
- hacksaw: on Trading Daniel Murphy Doesn’t Make the Mets Better: I agree with this article. I read...
- oleosmirf: on The Beat Goes On: Reporters Weigh In On Amazins’: "There is absolutely no reason for the...
- ElSid1986: on The Beat Goes On: Reporters Weigh In On Amazins’: This team as it is presently put...
- Biggle Boy: on The Beat Goes On: Reporters Weigh In On Amazins’: Madden says, "It sure sounds the Mets’...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!