Don’t look now, but Ike Davis is showing signs that he might be coming out of his season-long slump. “That’s three days in a row that Ike has hit the ball hard,” Keith Hernandez said on Sunday. Davis collected two hits and three RBIs in yesterday’s loss to the Marlins, including a mammoth 425 foot homer that saw him swing at full extension for the first time in a long while. It was good to see […]
The Mets have just two legitimate major league hitters in their lineup; David Wright and Daniel Murphy. When the two of them are hot and the Mets get a good pitching performance, the odds are pretty good that they will gut out a win and perhaps even reel off a five game winning streak. But when the two of them combine to go 0-for-8 don’t hold your breath waiting for something good to happen. The […]
Jose Fernandez, the 20-year old Marlins pitching phenom, suffocated the Mets tonight as Miami beat them by the score of 8-1 to take their second straight game of the series. Collin McHugh made his first start of the season and he was in trouble right from the start. The righthander lasted just four innings and was charged with four runs on six hits and three walks while striking out one. The fact that he was […]
Daniel Murphy’s college coach called him Joe Lunchpail; a blue collar guy who, for his age, “… knows as much about hitting as anybody out there,” said Terry Alexander, Jacksonville University Dolphins. “He wants to take it to a science.” Murphy hit .317 during the month of May, including 10 doubles. He is second in the league in two-base hits. New York Post beat writer Mike Puma adds this impressive stat: Murphy had 12 two-out […]
So much for those dreams of an 8-game winning streak… The Mets lost the opener of their three game series with the Marlins by the score of 5-1 tonight in Miami. Shaun Marcum started and was in search of his first win of the season. But after cruising through six innings and matching zeroes with Marlins starter Jacob Turner, the veteran righthander ran into trouble in the seventh inning and allowed four Miami runs to […]
Starting Lineup Omar Quintanilla – SS Daniel Murphy – 2B David Wright – 3B Lucas Duda –LF John Buck – C Rick Ankiel – CF Marlon Byrd – RF Ike Davis – 1B Shaun Marcum – RHP Game Notes The Mets have won five games in a row for the first time since May 5-9, 2012. The last time the Mets won six in a row was April 21-27, 2011. New York is 10-8 in […]
Starting Lineup Justin Turner – 1B Daniel Murphy – 2B David Wright – 3B John Buck - DH Lucas Duda – LF Marlon Byrd – RF Anthony Recker – C Juan Lagares – CF Omar Quintanilla – SS Game Notes Prior to tonight’s game, the Mets placed infielder Ruben Tejada on the 15-Day Disabled List with a right quad strain and selected the contract of infielder Omar Quintanilla from Las Vegas (AAA) of the Pacific Coast […]
After a brief hiatus taking finals, I’m back to subject myself to more repetitive anxiety by watching Mets games. It’s been interesting to step away for a week and come back with a fresh perspective. Things have changed a bit. The Mets have a four-game winning streak for one. There are some things that haven’t changed—or they’ve gotten worse. Here are a few observations I’ve made over the last week: Lucas Duda is improving I […]
1. Fire Dave Hudgens – Call it bad luck, poor execution or just a failed approach, whatever Hudgens is doing or trying to do has been a massive failure. There are no success stories in his wake and too many good hitters with promise that have regressed. Every failed season needs a fall guy, and Hudgens fits the bill quite nicely. Remember when Steve Phillips fired Bob Apodaca and how it jolted the Mets and […]
- metfan62: on Mets Extend A Three-Year Offer To Granderson: Not another useless Yankee player / Met...
- martin: on My Mock Interview With Sandy Alderson: i try to stick to things people...
- Fonzie13: on Mets Extend A Three-Year Offer To Granderson: Jakal! Wright has actually beaten Mariano three...
- Jeru: on Mets Extend A Three-Year Offer To Granderson: The Cardinals made it to the WS...
- Tommy Med: on Mets Extend A Three-Year Offer To Granderson: What two to three pieces??? Sandy isn't...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!