Baseball is a long season and when a team under-performs the way the Mets are you always hear the usual fire the manger and/or general manager. I support that 100%. Jerry and Omar absolutely need to go. Omar has done a horrible job of building the franchise and Jerry Manuel is just not a manager who can lead a team to a championship. However very rarely do you hear complaints about the coaches on the […]
Last week it was revealed that after the last game of the season (which cannot come soon enough for me) that Jerry Manuel will sit down with Omar Minaya along with Fred and Jeff Wilpon to discuss the future of the coach staff which consists of Howard Johnson (hitting coach), Dan Warthen (pitching coach), Luis Alicea (1B coach), Razor Shines (3B coach) and Sandy Alomar Sr. (bench coach). Word going around is that Howard Johnson’s […]
Dan Warthen was named the pitching coach of the Mets last season on June 17 after the team handed out its now-infamous 3 AM pinkslips to manager Willie Randolph, pitching coach Rick Peterson and first base coach Tom Nieto in Anaheim during the West Coast version of the Midnight Massacre. Prior to his promotion to the major league club, Warthen served the same function for the New Orleans Zephyrs, the then-Triple A affiliate of the […]
The New York Mets have released a statement that they will not be altering the dimensions of Citi Field for the 2010 season based on the recommendations of Omar Minaya and Jerry Manuel. Ed Eagle of Mets.com writes, The Mets’ franchise legacy has been built upon strong pitching, and they’ll need to continue to focus on that aspect of their team-building to be successful in their new home in the future. Citing a team source, the New […]
How much blame does pitching coach Dan Warthen warrant for the lack of early season success from the 2-5 pitchers? A lot? A little? None? If the Mets are going to win this thing, it’s going to take a lot more than Johan Santana and good bullpen. The inability for our starters to pitch deep into games may have already begun the bullpen erosion that we saw last season, only back then it didn’t start […]
- Donal: on Hot Stove: Furcal Signs One Year Deal With Marlins, M’s Offer Cano $240 Million: 2 seasons isn't enough for a reliable...
- Captain America: on Mets Drawing The Line At Three Years, Granderson Wants Four: Soriano couldn't net gee or Murphy straight...
- Djmurphy: on Hot Stove: Furcal Signs One Year Deal With Marlins, M’s Offer Cano $240 Million: Everyone said Granderson was looking for a...
- Biggle Boy: on Words to the Wilpons: We Beg Of You, Sell The Team: I agree. Sterling Equities knows real estate...
- Donal: on Hot Stove: Furcal Signs One Year Deal With Marlins, M’s Offer Cano $240 Million: We're calling "I Am Legend" good?
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!