It’s September 4th, and the Orioles find themselves one game out of first place in the American League East. That statement, on it’s own, isn’t too ridiculous. It’s when you start looking at the stats that make that statement look ridiculous. The Orioles are not a good baseball team according to the stats. In fact, if you were to look at the league statistical rankings, before looking at the standings, you would think they stink. [...]
As much as we all hoped the Mets would contend this season, we all had to know in the back of our minds that it was a long shot. They took us on a fun ride through the first half, but showed what they really were around the all-star break. Now it’s time to turn our attention to the September call-ups and the playoff chases down the stretch. In September the pennant races begin to [...]
The Mets beat the Orioles tonight 6-4 down at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. On behalf of Met fans, I would like to thank the Orioles for handing the game to the Mets. Tonight the O’s did to the Mets what the Mets have been doing pretty much all season, they played horrible baseball. The main culprit of the Orioles defensive woes was second baseman Brian Roberts. Roberts was charged with an error for blowing [...]
To a lot of fans who are new to baseball, the Baltimore Orioles are known as a team that plays in a pretty cool looking park, but always finishes in the second half the American League’s Eastern Division. It wasn’t always that way. Back in the middle 1970′s when I first started getting into baseball, I mean really into baseball, recognizing that there were other teams than the Mets and Yankees, it seemed that the [...]
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/19/2013
- DrDooby: on Rafael Montero To Make Spot Start For Las Vegas: Wheeler has a much higher upside than...
- METS62FAN: on Matt Harvey Does It All In Mets 3-2 Win Over Cubs: ITHAS ALSO BEEN MY OBSERVATION THAT ABSOLUTELY...
- Fonzie13: on Mets vs Cubs: Davis Not In Lineup As Gee Looks For A Win In Rubber Match: Recalculate. Over the last decade between 33-37%...
- Metsie: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: No you don't have to walk to...
- Metsie: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: Well they probably do but they won't...