After a disappointing 1973 World Series loss to the Oakland A’s, despite holding a three games to two lead with two games to play, the 70′s New York Mets quickly fell from grace in the National League East. Back then the East was filled with good strong clubs like the Phillies Pirates, Cardinals, and the not so good Cubs and Expos. In 1977, Mets general manager M Donald Grant traded the Franchise who was better [...]
After 19 home games this season, the Mets have had just 548,518 fans come out to Citi Field according to ESPN. This comes out to an average of just 28,869 fans a game, which is only 69.1% of the capacity of Citi Field. Anyone who has been to a Mets game this year can tell you that that number seems to be higher than the actual number of fans who show up.. There are tons [...]
It has been well-documented that attendance at Citi Field suffered a significant drop-off from its inaugural season in 2009 to the just-completed 2010 season. Last year, a total of 3,168,571 tickets were sold to Mets home games. That number dropped to 2,559,738 in 2010. The significant drop-off in home attendance can be attributed to numerous things, such as the luster of the new ballpark wearing off and the team’s second consecutive losing season. [...]
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York, gives us the final numbers on how the Mets fared in attendance in only the second season of their new park, Citi Field. The Mets announced a final-game attendance of 30,849. That makes the season total: 2,559,738. Because there were two single-admission doubleheaders and technically 79 home dates, the average attendance was 32,402. Despite 92 losses in 2009, their inaugural season at Citi Field, the Mets announced a total [...]
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/19/2013
- Christine: on Sacking Terry Collins Now Would Be Unfair: NY Media? Lord Acton said, power corrupts...
- Alex68: on Mets Sign RHP David Aardsma To Minors Deal: Guys is still pretty young and was...
- Justin: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: U dont think hitting Wright & Duda...
- Justin: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: wow....if u think OBP is a useless...
- Anderson: on Sacking Terry Collins Now Would Be Unfair: Sports are the only profession where the...