There were no extra-inning dramatics in this one – no buck shots either – as the Mets squandered a solid start from Jeremy Hefner in a 3-2 matinee loss to the Dodgers. Hefner gave the Mets seven solid innings on the mound, allowing just one run on three hits and three walks while striking out three. He didn’t figure into the decision and left with the game knotted at 1-1. The Mets scored their first [...]
After discussing my earlier post with me on Twitter, Mike Newman of FanGraphs conducted his own polling to one of the largest trafficked sports sites on the web. There are the results. My conclusion? Too many Mets fans are prospect drunk… I would speculate that a similar poll on MMO would be somewhere in the middle with the majority of them pulling the trigger on such a deal without hesitation. Original Post 9:00 AM I [...]
Over the past week some rumors from ESPN’s Buster Olney have surfaced that Dodgers outfielder Andre Ethier might be available on the trading block. With the news today that the Mets and David Wright may have hit a snag in their negotiations, my mind began to churn up possible trade scenarios. David Wright for Andre Ethier swap might benefit the Mets for a few reasons. 1. He plays right field, and the Mets desperately need a starting outfielder. 2. [...]
Synonymous with the New York Mets is Tom Seaver. “Tom Terrific” is known as “The Franchise,” the player who was singularly responsible for making the Mets relevant. Adding him to the pitching staff with the likes of Jerry Koosman, Gary Gentry and Nolan Ryan, and coupling him with players like Cleon Jones and Tommie Agee, caused the Mets to win their first championship in 1969. Legend has it that the Mets were never quite the [...]
- allen wan: on MLB Scout On Davis: Would Have Been Better Served Going To Minors Last Season: I don't understand why people care whether...
- DrDooby: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: Harvey has improved by leaps & bounds...
- Hotstreak: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: oops Here is the link. http://rainierscurto.wordpress.com/2010/04/21/baseball-for-breakfast/
- Hotstreak: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: Hi Joey D. This is 2007-2009 data PCL...
- Heybatter: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: Don't think they give out cortisone shots...