The big Mets news from last night was Michael Bourn, who decided not to sign with the Mets. Instead, Bourn signed a four-year, $48 million contract with the Indians with an easily-attainable fifth option year that would bring the total contract to five years and $60 million. Regardless of what you think of Bourn as a player, or how much money he was really worth, this whole situation was mismanaged from the beginning by all [...]
The dust has finally settled and the R.A. Dickey saga is over. On Monday night, he signed an extension with the Blue Jays, making the seven-player, blockbuster deal finally official after days of unconfirmed rumors and speculation. The deal surprised many Mets fans, including me. However, it was one that will pay off for them in the future. No, it sure wasn’t easy to give up the reigning Cy Young award winner. How often do these special players come around, especially [...]
At first glance, the eight-year, $138 million deal David Wright signed early Friday morning didn’t appeal to many. Originally, reports indicated that the Mets wanted to offer a little less than $120 million, and the Wright camp started out well above $140 million, so I was very surprised that the two sides settled for such a high amount. However, when you dig deeper into the deal, it looks like more of a bargain than I, [...]
- Hitman: on 2013 MLB Draft: Compiling & Analyzing 40 Mocks, Mets Consensus Picks: No picks for Meadows? Interesting.
- Cackletta: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: it's me :)
- Metsie: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: Oh wait apologies to Fonzie....It's Donal who...
- Metsie: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: Strawman? Hiya Fonzie! Couldn't use your old nick...
- Scott Rice's Arm's Soul: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: Semantics and straw mans don't win arguments....