The big Mets news from last night was Michael Bourn, who decided not to sign with the Mets. Instead, Bourn signed a four-year, $48 million contract with the Indians with an easily-attainable fifth option year that would bring the total contract to five years and $60 million. Regardless of what you think of Bourn as a player, or how much money he was really worth, this whole situation was mismanaged from the beginning by all […]
The dust has finally settled and the R.A. Dickey saga is over. On Monday night, he signed an extension with the Blue Jays, making the seven-player, blockbuster deal finally official after days of unconfirmed rumors and speculation. The deal surprised many Mets fans, including me. However, it was one that will pay off for them in the future. No, it sure wasn’t easy to give up the reigning Cy Young award winner. How often do these special players come around, especially […]
At first glance, the eight-year, $138 million deal David Wright signed early Friday morning didn’t appeal to many. Originally, reports indicated that the Mets wanted to offer a little less than $120 million, and the Wright camp started out well above $140 million, so I was very surprised that the two sides settled for such a high amount. However, when you dig deeper into the deal, it looks like more of a bargain than I, […]
- jcutiger: on Hot Stove: If Price Is Right Sandy Will Pounce On Drew: Young played last year and is a...
- John Ginder: on Hot Stove: If Price Is Right Sandy Will Pounce On Drew: I would prefer the Mets to sign...
- pochemunyet: on Mets Met With Agent For Bartolo Colon: C'mon, everybody loves a "crafty hefty!"
- Frank: on Hot Stove: If Price Is Right Sandy Will Pounce On Drew: Hey, we agree on something!
- pochemunyet: on Hot Stove: If Price Is Right Sandy Will Pounce On Drew: Sandy will pounce on Drew? I didn't think...
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!