I’m like most Mets fans, I’m eternally hopeful almost to the tipping point of naivete. Perhaps it’s just the way most of us have grown up as Mets fans, always believing yet more times than not, having our hearts ripped out and handed to us, Temple of Doom style. Yet our loyalty always remains as constant as the northern star. Some of us take baseball for what it literally is, a kids game played by […]
I’m going to keep this brief. The Mets definitely have a way of tugging at it’s loyal fan’s heartstrings. So far 2010 should be titled the “Big Tease”. The team first teased us with a snail’s paced, dreadful start. Talk’s of axing everyone from Jerry Manuel to probably a CitiField usher started to pop up in the blogosphere. Then out of nowhere, as it always is with them, the Mets went on a rabid tear. Now once […]
We’re just five days from the start of Opening Day. We Mets fans have had to endure a lot of anguish these past few seasons, and so far nothing has given us significant indication that 2010 will be a successful season. In fact, the injuries are continuing to mount, and the rotation still has a giant question mark or five. But that all doesn’t hide the fact that the calendar turns tomorrow, and it’s no […]
Any day now, pitchers and catchers will begin reporting to spring training all across Florida and Arizona. In a few weeks, all teams, including our Mets, will begin their spring training games, and then less than two months from now, Johan Santana will likely be throwing the first live pitch for the Mets since last October. Usually around this time of year, once the Super Bowl has been played and sports docket is less than […]
I have to be honest, I didn’t think GM Omar Minaya had it in him to land Jason Bay. I was ready to chalk up the 2010 season to rebuilding and maybe finishing in fourth place, but Minaya’s pursuit and subsequent landing of Bay to play left field for the Mets and possibly bat cleanup has changed my outlook of this team. Not entirely, of course, but this is a solid move that injects a […]
- Fonzie13: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: That's exactly right Doobs. Even Beltran's biggest...
- DrDooby: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: Hi Joey D., considering where the Mets...
- Fonzie13: on MMO Flashback: Beltran Will Go Into The Hall Of Fame As A…: Not sure if this is right but...
- DrDooby: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: Beltran is one of the five best...
- DrDooby: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: Ichiro & Wells will be expensive backups....
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!