Our goal at MMO is to raise the level of discourse in the comment threads by eliminating inappropriate language and insults, and encouraging a lively and healthy discussion about the New York Mets or baseball in general. Please follow these simple guidelines:
1. You are all welcome to leave comments and join in or start a debate on anything we post on this site. We offer three options for your convenience, use your Facebook or Twitter account, or register with Disqus.
2. At MMO we have always allowed and encouraged our readers to share any links to posts and articles from other Mets blogs or baseball sites. No worries there.
3. We don’t require that you stay on topic. You can shift the conversation to another Mets or MLB topic if you want to discuss something we haven’t yet posted about.
4. You are free to debate and post an opposing point of view in any manner you see fit as long as you do it without attacking or insulting another reader or writer. You’re free to criticize ideas and opinions, but do so without criticizing or attacking each other.
5. Please keep your language clean. Use of vulgar profanity on this site is prohibited.
6. Please be respectful. We have fun here disagreeing with each other, but we do it with respect. Hate speech against any individuals or groups will never be tolerated. Don’t group people. No politics or religion.
7. If you see any comments that you find offensive, please flag the comment and one of us will take immediate and appropriate action. Three flags and comments are automatically deleted.
8. We may warn you if you cross the line, but if we feel a comment really crosses the line you will be banned from our site without warning. If you blatantly insult any reader or writer you will be banned.
9. Any comment we believe takes away from a healthy debate about the Mets or makes the reader experience less than optimal or negative will be deleted.
10. If you have an issue you would like to discuss, are being harassed, or need to file a complaint, contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks for helping us to maintain a healthy, vibrant and thriving commenting community at MMO.
A copy of these comment guidelines are always accessible in the Admin section of the upper navigation bar.