Our goal at MMO is to raise the level of discourse in the comment threads by eliminating inappropriate language and insults, and encouraging a lively and healthy discussion about the New York Mets or baseball in general. Please follow these simple guidelines:
1. You are all welcome to leave comments and join in or start a debate on anything we post on this site. We offer four options for your convenience; log in as a guest, use your Facebook or Twitter account, or register with Disqus.
2. At MMO we have always allowed and encouraged our readers to share any links to posts and articles from other Mets blogs or baseball sites. No worries there.
3. We don’t require that you stay on topic. You can shift the conversation to another Mets or MLB topic if you want to discuss something we haven’t yet posted about.
4. You are free to debate and post an opposing point of view in any manner you see fit as long as you do it without attacking or insulting another reader or writer. You’re free to criticize ideas and opinions, but do so without criticizing each other.
5. Please keep your language clean. I don’t use profanity here, and I’d appreciate it if you didn’t either. I’m no angel, so if I can express my opinions without profanity, you can, too.
6. Please be respectful. We have fun here disagreeing with each other, but we do it with respect. Hate speech against any individuals or groups will never be tolerated. Don’t group people. No politics or religion.
7. If you see any comments that you find offensive, please flag the comment and one of us will take immediate and appropriate action.
8. We may warn you if you cross the line, but if we feel a comment really crosses the line you will be banned from our site without warning.
Thank you for your support.