I have always been dubious about Bobby Parnell. Despite the electric fastball, he’s struggled with his command, control and composure on the mound. I always felt that Parnell had the most hittable 98-mph fastball in the history of the game. I personally was ready to give up on him last year, and suggested it was time to move on since he was due a hefty arbitration pay raise in the near future. It turns out […]
It always is interesting how people automatically call a hitter that hits homers, strikes out a lot and has a low average “Dave Kingman.” Kong certainly had his issues, but regardless of what you think he still had a 16-year career in which he hit 442 homers. To say that Ike Davis is Kingman would be an insult since that would be an improvement over what he’s producing today. As a matter of fact, a […]
The Terry Collins era was always going to go down as the bridge to brighter days. How else could you explain Sandy Alderson making Collins his first manager with the track record he possessed three years ago? Collins oversaw teams collapse in Houston and Anaheim, with the latter resulting in a mutiny. He was well-placed as a minor-league field coordinator, and could still be valuable in such a role for an organization going forward. The […]
Mets historians will recall how former GM Frank Cashen declared, ““those who contribute the least spray the most champagne” after being doused by reliever Randy Niemann during the 1986 NLCS championship celebration. I think it’s time to take that mantra when it comes to Jordany Valdespin, except those that contribute the least shouldn’t be made the story. With Twitter, Facebook and blogs – both mainstream and otherwise – available throughout the 24/7/365 news cycle, it’s impossible to […]
- Just Some Internet Guy You Dont Know: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: Baseball has no cap and the luxury...
- Robert Thomas: on Mariners Seal The Deal With 10-Year, $240 Million For Cano: I just came onto your post and...
- chago: on Curtis Granderson Agrees To Four Year, $60 Million Deal With Mets: All right Jeff , congratulations we get...
- Fonzie13: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: That's exactly right Doobs. Even Beltran's biggest...
- DrDooby: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: Hi Joey D., considering where the Mets...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!