So, this time of year, everyone wants a prediction on the Mets season. How many games will they win? Will Ike Davis hit more homers? Can our new captain lead the team to a better record? Who will be the pitcher to watch now that R.A. Dickey is gone and Johan Santana is done? I am not a big fan of predictions probably because they never come true. Why waste your time guessing how the [...]
So, my kids surprised me last night with a really early Mother’s Day gift – tickets to Banner Day! After ESPN’s decision to schedule the original May 26th date for Sunday Night Baseball, the Mets held a fan vote to allow fans to choose when Banner Day should be held and ended up moving the date to Saturday, May 11. I’ll be there. You have to understand – Banner Day was always my favorite day [...]
So, just like every recent spring, the Mets are not picked to do anything in 2013. In most cases, they are not even mentioned as being a team in the National League East, which to me is quite insulting. The so-called “experts” don’t pick the Mets to finish above .500 yet alone being mentioned for even a Wild Card spot. Why not the Wild Card? Why not even the Division? Yes, most people would say [...]
So, like everyone else, I was very disappointed yesterday that Mike Piazza did not get elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame. And what was the reason? We all know that he has the stats during his career to be considered for the Hall. So, why didn’t he get in? Piazza has been put in the group of players who played during the so-called “steroid era” and it’s just not fair. Where is the evidence [...]
Baseball is a game of numbers. Not just RBI and ERA, or wins and losses, but numbers related to players and uniforms. In fact, there are Mets uniform numbers that everyone knows by heart. But did you know who had that number before or after your favorite Met? My first favorite player was Cleon Jones, who just turned 70 over the weekend. Cleon wore number 21 and after he retired, I didn’t want to see [...]
Everyone is talking about the fact that the Mets did nothing at the trade deadline. In reality, what were their options? We all know that they don’t have the money or the personnel to make any kind of meaningful trade. It started me thinking about other deadline deals that the Mets did make. Here are just a few that stand out to me: July 31, 2006 - Mets acquire Roberto Hernandez and Oliver Perez from the [...]
- ScoreboardSteve: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: In terms of his progression, when do...
- Hotstreak: on Mets Will Need To Overpay To Attract Quality Players, But Will They?: http://i2.listal.com/image/1527248/600full-anne-vyalitsyna.jpg
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: LMAO@SRT good one Well played madame, well played...
- Joe D: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. Dual standards can...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Only reason I brought up Valdespin was...