Salt Lake Bees (34-27) 4, Las Vegas 51s (24-37) 3 F/11 Box Score
- Amed Rosario SS 2 for 5, RBI, R .340/.381/.500
- Dominic Smith 1B 2 for 5, 2B, RBI .323/.373/.480
- Gavin Cecchini 2B 1 for 4, R .255/.319/.353
The 51s tallied three runs on seven hits on the afternoon. Four of those hits came from Amed Rosario and Dominic Smith, as both reached base twice and drove in a run. Both Smith and Rosario’s RBI singles capped off a three run fifth inning. The 51s left a total of nine runners on base and went a combined 2-for-10 with runners in scoring position.
- RHP Blake Beavan (7.45) 5.1 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 9 H, 1 BB, 3 K
- RHP Ben Rowen (H, 4, 5.46) 0.2 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 2 K
- RHP Erik Goeddel (H, 3, 7.20) 1.0 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 K
- RHP Hansel Robles (BS, 1, 7.36) 2.0 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 H, 3 BB
- RHP Logan Taylor (L, 1-1, 3.07) 1.1 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 H
Despite allowing a total of 14 hits and issuing nine walks, the 51s pitching staff held the Bees to only four runs. Blake Beavan made the start, and he recorded 5.1 innings of two runs ball and allowed nine hits. Ben Rowen and Erik Goeddel then combined for 1.2 scoreless innings. Hansel Robles continued his struggles as he blew his first save, allowing a run in the eighth. Logan Taylor pitched a scoreless tenth, but blew the game on a walk-off single in the eleventh.
Richmond Flying Squirrels (24-34) 6, Binghamton Rumble Ponies (32-22) 3 Box Score
- Tomas Nido C 2 for 4, HR, 2B, 2 RBI .268/.314/.426
- Kevin Taylor LF 0 for 3, SF, RBI .296/.397/.395
- Luis Guillorme 2B 1 for 3, R, BB .286/.339/.325
The Rumble Ponies were only able to muster three runs on four hits on the night. Tomas Nido accounted for most of the offense as he drove in a pair of runs. Nido homered, and drove in a run with a double. Luis Guillorme reached base twice, singling and walking. Kevin Taylor drove in a run with a sacrifice fly.
- RHP Corey Oswalt (2.45) 1.0 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 K
- LHP Kelly Secrest (L, 0-1, 5.27) 2.0 IP, 6 R, 6 ER, 7 H, 2 BB
- LHP Ben Griset (3.50) 2.2 IP, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 2 K
- RHP Corey Taylor (3.47) 1.1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 2 K
- RHP Cory Burns (4.82) 2.0 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 K
Corey Oswalt left the game during warmups in the second inning due to discomfort in his knee and was said to be precautionary. Kelly Secrest lasted only two innings in relief as he allowed six runs on seven hits. Ben Griset walked four batters over 2.2 innings, but didn’t allow a run. Corey Taylor and Cory Burns combined for 3.1 scoreless innings to close out the game.
Lakeland Flying Tigers (23-33) 1, St. Lucie Mets (30-28) 0 Box Score
- Wuilmer Becerra DH 1 for 2, BB, K .267/.326/.369
- Jhoan Urena 3B 0 for 2, 2 BB, CS .321/.412/.459
- Yoenis Cespedes LF 0 for 4
The Mets were stymied by the Flying Tigers pitchers as they only put together one hit on the night. Wuilmer Becerra singled for the only St. Lucie hit of the game. Yoenis Cespedes made his return to his rehab assignment Thursday night. He went 0-for-4 and played the whole game in left field.
- RHP Nabil Crismatt (L, 3-5, 2.92) 5.2 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 6 K
- RHP Alex Palsha (3.57) 1.1 IP, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- RHP Cameron Griffin (6.60) 1.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 2 K
Nabil Crismatt suffered his fifth loss of the season despite only allowing one run on three hits over 5.2 innings. Alex Palasha struck out three over 1.1 hitless innings, and Cameron Griffin struck out two over a scoreless inning.
Columbia Fireflies (32-25) 8. Lexington Legends (29-31) 0 Box Score
- Dash Winningham 1B 2 for 4, 2 HR, 2 RBI .259/.310/.430
- Desmond Lindsay CF 1 for 4, 3B, R .191/.328/.349
- Tim Tebow DH 2 for 3, 2 2B, 2 R, BB .226/.310/.340
- Gene Cone RF 2 for 4, 3B, RBI, R .245/.351/.300
- Reed Gamache 3B 1 for 2, 3B, 2 RBI, BB .184/.270/.260
Eight of the twelve Fireflies hits went for extra bases on the night. Dash Winningham was accountable for a pair of them, as he hit his eighth and ninth home runs of the season. Desmond Lindsay stayed hot at the aptly as he tripled and scored a run. Tim Tebow reached base three times as he doubled twice and walked. Gene Cone and Reed Gamache both tripled, Gamache drove in a pair of runs. Andres Gimenez left the game early due to nausea.
- RHP Gary Cornish (W, 1-1, 2.19) 6.0 IP, 0 R, 3 H, 1 BB, 4 K
- RHP Matt Blackham (1.48) 2.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 3 K
- RHP Max Kuhns (2.19) 1.0 IP, 0 R, 0 H
Gary Cornish won his first game of the season as he three six innings of three hit ball, and struck out four. Matt Blackham struck out three over two scoreless innings, and Max Kuhns pitched a perfect ninth. This was the ninth shutout of the year for the Fireflies staff.