Omaha Storm Chasers (16-17) 7, Las Vegas 51s (15-20) 3 Box Score
- Amed Rosario SS: 2-for-5, 2B, RBI, K
- Dominic Smith 1B: 1-for-4, 2B, BB, K
- Desmond Jennings CF: 1-for-4, Run, HR, RBI, K
Not much offense for the 51s in this game other than Desmond Jennings homering for the third straight game. Las Vegas was leading this one 1-0 in before the bullpen lost it. They made a comeback effort in the ninth before coming up short against former Mets closer Bobby Parnell.
- LHP Josh Smoker (0-0, 0.00 ERA): 4.2 IP, 2 H, 3 K
- RHP Logan Taylor (0-0, 3.72 ERA): 1 IP, 4 BB, K
- RHP Ben Rowen (1-0, 6.62 ERA): 1.1 IP, K
- RHP Kevin McGowan (2-1, 4.29 ERA): 0.1 IP, 2 ER, 2 BB, K
- LHP David Roseboom (0-2, 8.79 ERA): 1.2 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 2 K
Smoker was great in his first start in over four years. He was on a 60-pitch limit in this game. Rowen has rebounded to pitch well after a horrific start to the season.
At the Double-A level, the Binghamton Rumble Ponies were scheduled to play a doubleheader. The first game was suspended in the third when the Rumble Ponies were losing 6-3 to the Akron Rubberducks and the second game was postponed.
St. Lucie Mets (16-21) 4, Jupiter Hammerheads (15-22) 1 F/10 Box Score
- Patrick Mazeika C: 1-for-3, run, BB
- Wuilmer Becerra LF: 2-for-5, 2 RBIs, K
- Nick Sergakis 3B: 1-for-5, run, HR, RBI, 3 K
Mazeika continues his hot hitting for the St. Lucie Mets. He is now slashing .372/.443/.611 on the season. He is second in the Florida State League in OBP behind teammate Jhoan Urena as well as first in slugging, batting average and OPS. Becerra had a two-run single in the top of the tenth inning.
- RHP Joe Shaw (2-3, 4.38 ERA): 5.2 IP, 8 H, ER, 7 K
- RHP Austin McGeorge (0-0, 2.00 ERA): 1.1 IP, 3 H, 2 K
- RHP Craig Missigman (2-1): 2 IP, H, BB, K
- RHP Tyler Bashlor (1-0): 1 IP, BB, 3 K
Shaw started this one for St. Lucie and pitched well despite not being able to pick up the win. McGeorge has now given up only two runs in 10 innings since being called up from Columbia. Missigman got the win and Bashlor picked up his fourth save.
Like the Rumble Ponies, the Columbia Fireflies (17-16) were rained out.