Binghamton Rumble Ponies (18-11) 6 vs. Portland Sea Dogs (16-12) 5 Box Score
The Rumble Ponies scored four in the second to equal the Sea Dogs four-run first inning. The Rumble Ponies then got a go-ahead sac fly from Guillorme to get the lead in the eighth. Guillorme is hitting .381 over his last ten games. Kevin Taylor, David Thompson and Dale Burdick all drove in one in the 6-5 win.
- RHP Mickey Jannis (3-1 3.74 ERA): 5.1 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 4 BB, 3 K
- LHP Kyle Regnault (2-0 1.59 ERA): 1.2 IP, H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, BS, W
- LHP Alberto Baldonado (0-0 0.00 ERA): 2 IP, H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, Save (6)
Jannis allowed four first inning runs, but settled down after that. Kyle Regnault pitched a immaculate inning (strike out three batters with nine pitches) in the seventh as his strong season continues. Alberto Baldonado gets his sixth save. He now has 16.2 scoreless innings this season and has struck out 25 over that span.
St. Lucie Mets (15-19) 7 vs. Lakeland Flying Tigers (16-18) 5 Box Score
- John Mora RF: 3 for 4, HR, 2B, 3 RBI, 2R, 2BB .216/.281/.306
- Lucas Duda DH: 1 for 3, HR, 2 RBI, 2R, BB, K
- Jhoan Urena 3B: 2 for 2, R, 2 BB, CS, E .365/.471/.504
Duda hit a home run in his second straight rehab game. John Mora was the star of the game driving in three, including a home run and a double. Urena got on base four times and leads the Florida State League with a .471 on base percentage. Urena did make his eleventh error of the season.
- LHP Kevin Canelon (0-0 3.27 ERA) 4 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 0 ER, BB, 3 K
- RHP Cameron Griffin (0-1 7.94 ERA) 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, K
- RHP Tyler Bashlor (1-0 3.65 ERA) IP, H, o R, 0 K, Save (3)
Kevin Canelon got the start and went four innings using 88 pitches to get thru those innings. His defense behind him didn’t help which led to two unearned runs. Bashlor got the save, but did not record a strikeout, which is unusual for him.
Columbia Fireflies (16-16) 7 vs. Delmarva Shorebirds (15-17) 1 Box Score
- Gene Cone LF: 2 for 4, 2B, R, BB, K .241/.362/.306
- Michael Paez 3B: 3 for 5, 2 2B, 3 R .269/.342/.510
- Dash Winningham 1B: 3 for 4, 2B, 3 RBI, BB, K .218/.287/.309
- Tim Tebow DH: 2 for 5, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 K .250/.330/.370
- Ricardo Cespedes RF: 3 for 4, RBI .750/.750/.750
Ricardo Cespedes, only 19, made his full season debut after playing for the Kingsport Mets in 2016. Andres Gimenez walked and has now reached base in all nine games with the Fireflies. Winningham now has 20 runs batted in, one behind Paez for the team lead.
- RHP Gabriel Llanes (1-2 2.33 ERA) 9 IP, 7 H, R, 0 ER, BB, 5 K
Llanes finally got his first win of the season going the distance in this one. Llanes has been outstanding in his last four starts, combining for 29 innings and allowing just two earned runs over that span. To say the least he earned his first win.
The Las Vegas 51s had the night off.