Las Vegas 51s 21, Fresno Grizzlies 6 Box Score
- Gavin Cecchini 2B: 2 for 4, 2 Runs, 2B, HR, 4 RBIs, 2 BB
- Amed Rosario SS: 3 for 6, 2 Runs, 2 RBI, 0 BB, 2 K
- Dominic Smith 1B: 4 for 6, 4 Runs, 2B, HR, 3 RBIs, 0 BB
- Phillip Evans 3B: 2 for 5, 3 Runs, HR, 3 RBIs, BB
Disclaimer: These two teams did not play football, they actually played a baseball game. The 51s broke out for 21 runs in the thin Vegas air. Amed Rosario and Dominic Smith continue to hit for Las Vegas. Rosario has now hit in all six games to begin AAA career. Cecchini had a big night after a slow start for the 51s. Hopefully he continues to hit well and force his way into the MLB lineup. Kevin Plawecki also had a good night for the 51s, he recorded 3 hits, a walk, and four RBIs tonight.
- LHP Adam Wilk (1-1, 4.50 ERA): 6 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- RHP Ben Rowen (0-0, 19.29 ERA): 1.1 IP, 5 H, 4 ER, 0 BB, K
- RHP Cory Burns (0-0, 0.00 ERA): 1.2 IP, H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
Rowen really struggled and has not been sharp his last two outings. He and Paul Sewald were viewed as the next men up heading into the season. In a high scoring game, the Vegas pitchers did not walk a batter interestingly enough. Our own Jennifer Nieves was at the game, check out her pictures and full recap.
Portland Sea Dogs 3, Binghamton Rumble Ponies 2 F/10 Box Score
- Luis Guillorme SS: 0 for 4, BB, K
- David Thompson 3B: 1 for 5
- Matt Oberste DH: 0 for 3, 2 Runs, 2 BB, 2 K
- Kevin Taylor 1B: 1 for 3, 2 BB, K
Not much offense for the Rumble Ponies as they lost this one in 10. Luis Guillorme continues to get on base at a high rate, posting a .381 OBP over the first five games. He has a career .355 OBP over his professional career so far. Top catching prospect, Tomas Nido, was not in the lineup for this one.
- RHP Mickey Jannis (0-0, 1.80 ERA): 5 IP, ER, 4 H, 2 BB, 2 K
- LHP Kelly Secrest (0-0, 0.00 ERA): 2 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, BB, 2 K
- LHP Alberto Baldonado (0-0, 0.00 ERA): 2 IP, 0 ER, H, 0 BB, 4 K
- RHP Corey Taylor (0-1, 6.75 ERA): 0.1 IP, 1 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 0 K
Mickey Jannis is a knuckleballer who has been in the Mets system the last two years. He struggled in his first stint at AA last season. Alberto Baldonado is a 24-year old out of Panama. He is looking to build upon a dominant first half stint at St. Lucie last season. Corey Taylor gave up the walk-off to Aneury Tavarez in the 10th inning. This is only Taylor’s second appearance in AA.
Bradenton Pirates 7, St. Lucie Mets 5 F/14 Box Score
- Juan Lagares CF: 1 for 4, 2 Runs
- Wuilmer Becerra DH: 2 for 4, 2B, RBI
- Dale Burdick 3B: 1 for 5, Run, HR, 3 RBIs
- Jhoan Urena 3B-1B: 1 for 5, BB
The St. Lucie Mets lost a marathon game last night. Peter Alonso left the game early after getting hit by a pitch. Hopefully the injury is not too severe. Wuilmer Becerra continues to rake at the plate as he shows no ill-effect from his labrum surgery. Juan Lagares played the first nine innings tonight.
- RHP Chase Ingram (0-0, 6.75 ERA): 4 IP, 3 ER, 4 H, 3 BB, 5 K
- LHP Kevin Canelon (0-0, 3.00 ERA): 3 IP, ER, 3 H, 0 BB, 2 K
- RHP Tyler Bashlor (1-0, 0.00 ERA): 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, K
- RHP Alex Palsha (0-0, 0.00 ERA): 2 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, BB, 2 K
- RHP Justin Brantley (0-0, 0.00 ERA): 1 IP, 0 ER, H, BB, 2 K
- RHP Craig Missigman (0-0, 2.25 ERA): 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, 0 K
- RHP Jeff Diehl (0-0, 0.00 ERA): 1 IP, 0 ER, H, 0 BB, K
- RHP Nick Sergakis (0-0, 18.00 ERA): 1 IP, 2 ER, 2 H, BB, 0 K
St. Lucie used two position players, Diehl and Sergakis, on the mound in this one. The bullpen was a positive in this game for St. Lucie. Tyler Bashlor now has three scoreless innings for them recording five strikeouts along the way. He could be on his way to Binghamton sooner rather than later.
Hickory Crawdads 5, Columbia Fireflies 1 Box Score
- Luis Carpio 2B: 1 for 2, 2 BB
- Desmond Lindsay CF: 0 for 4, 3 K
- Dash Winningham 1B: 0 for 3: BB, 2 K
- Anthony Dimino C: 2 for 4, Run
The Fireflies lost for the first time in 2017 yesterday. The offense had an off-day after posting great numbers the first five games. Promising middle-infielder, Luis Caprio, is off to a great 2017 campaign. He is slashing .381/.536/.429 so far this season and is aiming to make up for his lost time in 2016. Desmond Lindsay has only hit .125 through the first 6 games but he does have a .421 OBP over that span. It seems likely he will break out sooner rather than later.
- LHP Blake Taylor (0-1, 5.40 ERA): 5 IP, 3 ER, 3 H, 4 BB, 7 K
- RHP Austin McGeorge (0-0, 2.08 ERA): 2 IP, ER, H, 0 BB, 4 K
- RHP Adonis Uceta (0-0, 2.25 ERA): 2 IP, ER, 3 H, 0 BB, 2 K
On the pitching side, the Fireflies had Blake Taylor going for them. Taylor is a southpaw who came over to the Mets in the Ike Davis trade. He pitched the five innings without giving up a run. He gave up three of the four Crawdad runs’ in the 6th inning. Taylor missed the better part of two years rehabbing from Tommy John surgery.