Last Night’s Quick Scores
- Las Vegas 2, El Paso 0
- Binghamton 9, Bowie 4
- St. Lucie 4, Dunedin 3
- Hickory 10, Savannah 1
- Auburn 14, Brooklyn 3
- Kingsport vs Elizabethton postponed due to rain.
- Rafael Montero pitched a gem, holding El Paso scoreless for a season high 6.2 innings, allowing just three hits, two walks while striking out six batters. With his strong effort, Montero lowered his PCL ERA to 3.68 for the season.
- Matt den Dekker was on base four times in last night’s action with a pair of walks and two singles to raise his average to .331.
- Brandon Nimmo tripled to extend his hitting streak to seven games and finished 1 for 4, with two runs scored, walked and drove in three runs.
- T.J. Rivera goes 3 for 4 with two doubles and extends his hit streak to nine games.
- Dustin Lawley launched his 19th home run on the season, doubled (23) and drove in two runs (55,56) and finished 2 for 5.
- Matthew Bowman tossed seven innings, one run on six hits and six strikeouts and earned his seventh win on the season for B-Mets.
- Dominic Smith has just seven hits in his last 31 at bats
- Amed Rosario tripled and finished 2 for 5 and has six multi-hit games in his last nine games.
- Michael Conforto goes hitless in five at bats.
- Tyler Moore doubled for the third straight game and extended his hitting streak to six games. He finished 2 for 4.
Now Hear This!
Catch up with all the Binghamton Mets baseball news by listening to Tip-Off, the Friday morning WIOX sports radio hour. Every Friday morning, MMO’s John Bernhardt and The Dawg host an all about Binghamton Baseball segment and this morning Tim Heiman, the radio voice of the Binghamton Mets, joins the show. Tip-Off is broadcast live on Friday mornings from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. on WIOX, 91.3 F.M. and can be streamed at www.wioxradio.org.
Tweets From The Farm
Even the mascots get their own baseball card.
— #Vote4Gnate (@gnatethegnat) July 31, 2014