Last Night’s Quick Scores
Minor League Notes
- Matt Reynolds was 2 for 5, with three RBI’s and is batting .326 in his last ten games with seven runs, two home runs and nine RBI’s.
- Kevin Plawecki had two singles in four at bats and is now batting .265 for Vegas on the season. He also have a four game hitting streak with three of the four multi-hit games.
- Cesar Puello hit his 17th double on the season and finished 1 for 3, with two runs scored.
- Greg Peavey won his 10th game on the season, against three losses by tossing 5.1 innings and allowing three runs on eight hits, walking one and striking out five.
- Jayce Boyd hit his seventh home run on the season and was 3 for 4, with three runs scored and an RBI.
- Travis Taijeron capped off his night at the plate with a three run shot in the ninth inning, and finished 4 for 5, with two runs scored, a double and five RBI’s.
- T.J. Rivera was 3 for 5 and is batting .333 on the season with the B-Mets.
- Maikis De La Cruz hit his fifth home run on the season and finished 3 for 4, with a double and an RBI in St. Lucie’s loss.
- L.J. Mazzilli hit his 18th double on the season in four at bats and now has a five game hitting streak and batting .368 in his last ten games.
Players of The Week on The Farm
MiLB named their players and pitchers of the week and two Mets farmhands were awarded with the honors.
New York-Penn League
Marcos Molina, Brooklyn Cyclones
On August 15th – 1-0, 0.00 ERA, 7 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 HBP, 1 BB, 12 K
On Aug. 2 Molina, the Mets #16 Prospect, struck out nine batters, on Aug. 9 he fanned 11 more before recording a career-high 12 strikeouts against the Vermont Lake Monsters on Friday night. In 10 starts in Brooklyn, the 19 year old is 6-2 with a 1.58 ERA. In 62.2 innings, he has , Molina has 73 strikeouts, has walked just 12 batters, hasn’t allowed a home run, and has held NYPL batters ti a .177 batting average.
Vicente Lupo, Kingsport Mets
August 11 -17 – .444/.630/1.000, 6 G, 8-for-18, 4 2B, 2 HR, 6 RBI, 8 R, 9 BB, 3 K, 2 SB
On Tuesday, Lupo homered in two at bats and the very next night he went 4-for-5 with a homer and four RBIs. The 20-year-old Venezuela native struggled early on in the season, but August has been a hot month for him as he is batting .333, with 3 home runs and 11 RBI’s and 13 walks and has a .497 OBP and a .667 Slug.